Fanatec CSL Elite - Setup tips for (disabled) newbie please.

Hi fellow simracers!

I'm finally upgrading from a G29 to CSL Elite Wheelbase (with P1V2 wheel) and CSL Elite V2 pedals, but I'm disabled and I'm worried about how much time and effort it will take from me to get to a point when I can just race. I can only cope with up to an hour a day of racing / experimenting max, for normally 2 or 3 days per week, so 10 hours of trial and error would take me around a month to get through, which I'd rather avoid if possible! As Fanatec gear is popular and well known, I'm hoping that I can borrow from peoples findings and experiences to just get going asap, if people are kind enough to share please.

I'm mainly uncertain of the Fanatec settings within Windows and possibly some game specific tips if any require a lot of tweaking. I presume there'll be equivalents to Logitech's disabling of centre spring as standard to get rid of any canned effects so as to get a raw feel as each title intended, but there seems more options than I'm used to for the wheel in both the Fanatec app and the hardware itself. I already plan on turning the 6nm wheel force down to 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 (to match the G29) and I'm already worried about the V2 pedals as the brake (using the stock setup) seems very stiff, possibly too much for me (although it's not attached to my GT Omega Titan rig yet) so I'm hoping that I can cope with this if I can't soften it or make compensatory adjustments in the software somehow. I'm not planning on getting a shifter anytime soon (need to just use paddles for energy efficiency) but would like the Fanatec Handbrake at some point, but I imagine that'll be straight forward to configure.

I'm used to mucking around with FFB files for the G29 for some older sims, and I'm presuming that as the CSL Elite wheelbase has also been around for a good while that I might need "new" CSL specific FFB / controller files instead(?) The titles I like are (in order of most first): Raceroom, Dirt Rally 1&2, rFactor 2, AMS 1&2, F1'23. ACC, and Forza Horizon 4. I love rallying the most but rarely touch that as it's too exhausting for me (I can be completely done in just one stage). I'm also interested in older titles such as Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, GTR 2, and Grand Prix Legends, but I'm guessing that they might be too old to support Fanatec gear? I also like Gran Turismo 7 on PS5 so I'd presume that it's best to make any wheel changes on the hardware itself instead of Windows settings, so as to carry across to both platforms?

So long story not short, are there any general or specific tips for the hardware and games that might be essential tweaks please? Any pointers or links to sources will be very gratefully received. I thank everyone in advance for any time and help given.

Last edited:
Hy Large ;)

welcome to this forum.

I myself can´t help much as I´m on completely different hardware, but I know that there are many different mods for Fanatec to change brake force and feel.
Just an example, not an endorsement:

For detailed knowledge on Fanatec settings:

Zu Hilfe @RasmusP :)
Many thanks for your reply. I'm not new here but your welcome is appreciated anyway.

The Fanatec mods page you linked doesn't have anything for my Elite V2, and I forgot to mention that I'm in the UK which might affect matters.

The other link seemingly only covered Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again anyway :)

Damn,

I didn´t notice that. :(
(did I mention that I´m not a Fanatec man?)

Something else I found is this:
(it uses a Heusinkveld upgrade kit that I used on my Sprints and liked it for improved brake feel and trail braking):

What I can´t tell you is if the fanatec loadcell will cope with the mod, the Sprints are rated for 65kg pressure on the pedal face ( which you don´t need, but some will want. that´s why I upped my pedals one size)

I hope someone else can help you with some settings to cut down tinkering and get more driving.

MFG Carsten

Damn,

I didn´t notice that. :(
(did I mention that I´m not a Fanatec man?)

Something else I found is this:
(it uses a Heusinkveld upgrade kit that I used on my Sprints and liked it for improved brake feel and trail braking):

What I can´t tell you is if the fanatec loadcell will cope with the mod, the Sprints are rated for 65kg pressure on the pedal face ( which you don´t need, but some will want. that´s why I upped my pedals one size)

I hope someone else can help you with some settings to cut down tinkering and get more driving.

MFG Carsten
No worries. Your new link is very interesting though as there's seemingly a softer elastomer setup available if the V2 standard setup of 3x65 Kg elastomers are too hard (once on the rig). This is a great relief to see and gives me hope that I can find a usable setup if / when I can't cope with V2 default setup.

Many thanks indeed for your time and help - it's very much appreciated!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.