Fanatec complications

Guys, my Race sim rig doubles as a flight sim rig, and over the last nearly a year I have been working on that bit. But I wanted some F1 action, to cleanse the palatte so to speak, so I got the car hardware out and installed it.

Well, of course, the Fanatec Elite base and Formula wheel, as ever, have been a pain. Not recognised, had to uninstall then reinstall, had to recalibrate, had to reset, had to repopulate all my setting in game.... so literally three hours after I'm still struggling with it.

Instead of having a program to help you set the wheel and base up, you have to use the f*cky switch ( so names cos in f*ks you up) to try and work out what to do - except I don't remember what the abbreviations mean or how to use it. Manual? Where? It's been a year for pity's sake. So I go online to download the instruction manual and guess what - not there.

So I have a wheel I can't use until I get a proper guide.

Please help me!

Cheers

Les

Ok, guys, it gets worse.

I cannot open the Fanatec panel, Automobilista only recognises one direction of rotation of the wheel and so matter what I do I cannot get the degrees of rotation to set

I can't believe that all the hardware has suddenly gone bad, but there is something really screwy going on. is there some way to get all this to reset?

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
Thanks, and you were correct, the settings stuff was in the base manual

A couple of issues though, firstly when you open the windows game controller, you can see the Fanatec stuff there but when you double click it, nothing happens - you cannot get to the properties page. The other is that the settings I am trying to do on the wheel are not reflected when I go to the game (assetto corsa) or the game recognises the wheel rotation to the left, but not to the right in the setup screen. I will do a standard uninstall, windows registry clean, reinstall, but tried that once without joy yesterday

Cheers

Les

Upvote 0
No, it goes to open it then crashes unfortunately.

I managed to get the games to recognise it by clearing all the previous bindings after restarting everything. I would still like to try and get the properties manager working, but at least now I can use it!

Thanks for your help

Les

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Trophies