1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec ClubSport Wheel review

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Anthony Levene, Mar 9, 2013.

1. View the Post on the Blog
    • Like Like x 2
  2. dear santa plz
  3. [​IMG]
  4. How i wish i could afford these ..
  5. Must admit I'm trying to chose between the t500 and the CSW and after reading this I'm thinking these are both good wheels for different reasons
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I hear ya Terry.

I'll be lucky if I ever see one of these wheels let alone ever own one :-(
  7. as a CSW owner who upgraded from a heavily modded G27 I have to agree with all points on this review. It's a quality piece of kit and makes my old G27 and a friends T500 that i've played with both feel like a child's plaything by comparison. Yes, it's crazy expensive. It took me a looooooong time to save for but by god it was worth the wait and every penny. I couldn't be happier :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Im on my second G27 atm. first one broke within 6 months. still quite pleased with it tbh. But once i have some cash to spare, im deff going to upgrade my pedal set.. G27 pedals are ok for starters, but i need something with a higher resolution. these are way to short for my taste. Im on a tight budget though, so no vacation for me this summer and i might be able to get myself some gear .. But the awesome toys in this review are not within my budget im affraid :(

nice review btw lucky bastard!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Nice review Anthony, thank you!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. museumsteve

Premium Member

Very nice review, straight to the point :)
    I couldn't be without mine...just wish there were more rims ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

"Mounting the base to my GTOmega wheel stand was fiddly but once attached feels rock solid."

From what I have read, I assume the template for hard mounting is identical to the GT3RS, ie. the bolt holes are in the same place. Is this correct?
  12. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Nice review and thanks for the comparison with the T500. I allmost bought the CSW with the two rims coming at 800 euro's. What truly strikes me is that i only get 1 year warranty and that i have to pay the shipment costs. Now Fanatec is promoting their Repair and Maintenance Service pack which I do not understand. I do understand that they want to make money but with this pack they are actually shouting to the world: we do not believe in the technical quality of our products. I have lost my faith in Fanatec.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have the CSW after going from the Elite. I couldn't live with the Elite rim.
    It's absolutely brilliant. I did have a dodgy FFB motor so Fanatec sent me a new one (FFB motor that is) which was easy to replace and away I went, very happy.
    Can't fault the thing at all and it feels superb.
  14. I think so. I'm not sure whether the wheel stand or the wheel base has a hole slightly out of place but I only managed to screw in 3 of the 4 screws. Seems very stable though.
  15. I'm not really sure about the service pack details but the terms & conditions on the Fanatec site still show a 2 year guarantee on their products.
    My PWTS died fairly quickly but Fanatec replaced it immediately. It was one of the very first made and I think if you are an early adoptor then you have to be prepared for that kind of thing.
  16. One thing I didn't mention in the review is how great the CSW feels in the AC demo. I've been paying close attention to what I feel through the steering wheel in my 182 and it is really close to the feedback I'm getting in AC. I've been so used to the wheels rattling and jerking about with every bump that at first it felt too smooth, but even with the stiff suspension on the car, and all the speed bumps and pot holes in east London, I don't feel that in real life.

And so to the next project...tactile feedback under my derriere to feel those bumps :)
  17. thanks Anthony for the reveiw straight to the point
    just love the look of that elite set up:)
    looking at getting the fanatic club sport pedals first ;)
    then while the wife is out shopping one day order the wheel Doh:thumbsup:
    at least I can be happy in the dog box ha ha
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    Premium Member

Thanks for the review Anthony, it's one of many that Ive read in the past weeks regarding Fanatec's CSW kit, one thing I have noticed in some of the early reviews was complaints regarding some aspects of the CSW kit, but Im glad to say it clearly looks as though Fanatec resolved all issues prior to their full production release.
    I should be recieving my CSW base and rims within a few days, must say after all the good reviews Ive read I cant wait.
    For all those that say they could never afford this Fanatec CSW gear, I said the same years ago when looking $399AUD for the G25 when it first released, so dont give up and remember nothing is impossible if you try.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

How would you compare T500 with CSW in terms of "speed"? Does T500 feel lighter? I have to use drift mode 4 on GT3RS because otherwise the wheel is slow and so solid that it literally kills FFB.
  20. I would say the T500 feels a bit lighter especially comparing the GT rims. The BMW rim is considerably heavier than my Renaultsport wheel and I'm sure that affects the FFB and "speed".
    After setting the drift mode to 1 I really like the speed with which the wheel centres itself.