Fanatec Brake Damper Alternative?

As the title suggests.. Are there any? Better yet, anything you can think of that I could pick up from the hardware store or Ebay?

I need something with resistance when compressed but decompresses without.

I´ve been searching for something like that for a while now, even ordered motorcycle steering dampers after a good Youtube review.

One was broken from the start (rough movement and play/deadzone in the damping.)

The other was much too heavily damped (in both directions of course) and the adjustment did nothing at low piston speeds.

Both were returned the same day.

Maybe you can find something in the RC car market, but it will be a pain to find the right one and probably a lot of expensive trial and error.

It pains me to say it but the Fanatec seems to be the best solution in the price bracket.

MFG Carsten

I´ve been searching for something like that for a while now
Alllright well thanks anyway. But- Since youre interested ill keep this updated with what I figure out because im determined to find something.

The fanatec damper might not have enough travel for my pedal, still need to find measurements on it. It will probably attach to the bottom of my pedal which has almost 4 inches of travel but depending on how strong it is, I may have to move it closer to the pivot point of the pedal. Moving it closer to the pivot point may also be needed simply because there might not be enough travel on the damper. This is only if I go with this damper. I would much rather find some cheaper DIY route.

Two other options I need to look into are the Thrustmaster brake damper or possibly some hood or trunk struts.

Hood or trunk strut are Gas pressure springs that have a "direktion reversal" in the middle of the stroke.

So you'd need a strut with at least 10" so it wouldn't change direction in travel of your pedal.

On a brighter notion these things are also availible in a wide variety of spring forces for furniture building and windows.

I didn't make it work, better luck to you.

I´ve been searching for something like that for a while now
So I came across all kinds of these on ali express. Figured I would report back about them. However, I wont be trying any for a couple months. I will be moving soon and I have no idea how long these will take to get to me from China. Lol Id hate them to go to the wrong address.

From how I read the description I´d see them more as "door stop" type dampers, which are to slow the movement of a heavy object to keep it from slamming into a stopper.

Could be interesting to see how they work on a pedal.

I found similar items on Amazon, I think that would be more secure about the payment method and refunds if necessary?

Good Luck Carsten

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 80 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Forum trophies