Fan Attachment

Started building the new system but I've now got a bloody headache after spending 20 mins trying to figure out how the hell the fans attach to the CPU cooler (Noctua NH-U12P SE2)?, first time I've had a cooler where the fan doesn't screw to the heatsink and the intructions that come with the Cooler are useless.

Found this (http://www.thinkcomputers.org/reviews/noctua_nhc12p/31.jpg) which has done the trick, should have noticed the notches on the fins :embarrassed:

Regards

It's same design as my Andi Samuri Master cooler how the fan sits on the heatsink. You just need to put the metal sections into the fan put it on the heatsink and clip the metal sections onto the heatsink I think. Can be a bit fiddly.

Yeah I got the instructions in the box and I'd already downloaded the PDF but there is no way I could ever figure out how to fit the clips from the manual, once I'd seen the pic of that other cooler it was easy, even though the coolers weren't the same. Noctua should have included a couple of pics instead of those crappy tech drawings.

To fit this one I had to hook the long section of the clip in the recess down the side of the heat sink, attach the fan and then hook the ends over the fan and into the screw holes, it's actually really simple once you've done it.

Regards

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years