1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F3000 @ Watkins Glen GP, Thursday, 11 September 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM f300
    Car: F3000
    Track: Watkins Glen GP [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (30 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Alex Odell
    3. -Belet Michel
    4. -Robert Covey
    5. -Björn Golda
    6. -Reggie Blain
    7. -Reggie Blain Snr
    8. -David Kingshott
    9. -Damien Rouchon
    10. -Stig Bidstrup
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Go on then, let's give this a go.

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Last week we ran the Formula BMW's in a time trial and the Formula Master . This week it's the F3000. What do you think is in the books for next week? Get your open wheel laps in!

4. Ok !No more sign at this time, I need to sign in Den!
    I made a cut for the last but view the track today, i'll enjoye to run on thursday!
    For the next, i don't understand, really for, but, may you mean for the next week what cars without covers wheel we need?
    I don't, i'm not "fan" of these mods, know very much!
    Maybe later!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  5. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Sure sign me up. Whats the worst that can happen, maybe I'll get to finish this race :)

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Dennis was implying that next week's car for Thursday might be another open-wheeler - with the IFM and FBMW (last week) down and the F3000 scheduled tomorrow, that doesn't leave that many options ;)

7. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Formula Ford by Günthar Rowe:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The popular Formula one legends? :whistling:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Björn

Björn

I can see it now - it will be the Caterhams and you've been playing with us all along :D

Anyways, I'm a maybe for this one, I'll be at what they call "nature" after work, but I might be back in time :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sure need help!But w"e can test f1 2007!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

my dad and i will join :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Dennis I will do my best to join in cheers

13. hello all
    i would like to join in your race f3000
    is it possible ?

14. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I've gone and double booked myself, so I'm out I'm afraid. 2 weeks in a row I've not been able to race :(

Back next week!

15. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

No worries Alex, I'll be sure to try and give RylR a good showing. Course it is me so I'll do my best to atleast finish :)

16. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

17. [staff edit- shhhh, no laptimes] it's my first on the ring

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Björn

Björn

Home 10 minutes before the event, a few laps yesterday, no event with the F3000 yet (had to cancel out of A1 a few weeks ago)... what could possibly go wrong? ;)

Actually, I had already decided to use this as a training session in the F3000 and see what happens :) Put in a few laps in the remaining time of P2 and qualified 8th out of 8, so my plan was running just fine so far ;)
    Race time came, and I started better than expected - passed a few, got through T1 nicely.. only to see Damien slowly getting back on the track.. sideways, unfortunately - had to swerve right to avoid a collision. Sadly, I got into Michel's line that way and he went off to the right :(
    Now back in P8 after waiting, I soon made the one big mistake of the race (I was fairly consistent - in my own, kinda slow pace, for the rest of the race) by spinning in the second-to-last corner. Fought my way back to Michel's rear wing afterwards to pass him somewhere at around L7 (IIRC) after he suddenly slowed down a fair bit on the start/finish straight - phew, that was close!
    Soon afterwards, Reggie Snr was waiting on the grass in a turn's inside - another position gained. Fuel issues for Damien (early :confused:) and Robert (not so early) made me go up two more positions to P4 in the end - pretty happy with that, and a good (and fairly constistent) training it was :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robert Covey

Robert Covey
    Howler Racing

Qualify:
    Had a hard time putting together a lap in qualifying but still happy with 5th on the grid.
    Race 1:
    Got a great launch off the line but had to let up slightly a not to run into Damien. Got the inside line on him into turn one but don't think he knew I was there as we made slight contact which unfortunately spun him. A wide line by Stig allowed me to take over 2nd out of turn 1. From there took off after Reggie. Stig got in under me at the end of lap 1 dropping me back to 3rd with Reggie Snr making a run on me as well. Had got back on the tail of Stig by lap 4 with Damien on my tail who then got by when I went wide on turn 1. Had caught back up to Damien and Stig on lap 6 getting around them both by lap 8. Had opened up a nice 10+ second lead on 3rd place when my calculations proved to be terrible running me out of fuel with 5 mins to go. Really upset at this one as not only would this have been the first RD race I managed to finish but had I been able to hold on would have also been my first podium in an online race. Hopefully with all the setup I've done on the car that it sticks nicely will help me over and RylR.
    Great racing by everyone, some were short some were long but had some really nice clean battling.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Robert Covey how will you explain this to @Alex Odell ?

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1