1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F3000 @ Thunderforest: Monday, 21 April 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: F3000
    Track: Thunderforest [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    2. David Kingshott
    3. Dimitry de Niet
    4. April Dillon
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk
    Keep calm and race on! Staff

Sign me up :)

3. I have never driven open wheel in Race07. Sign me up and I can embarrass myself :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@David Kingshott , Here's a setup for you. This is not hard track to drive in these cars, just difficult. It's the "roller coaster" that can be tough. It is a dangerous track, the two killer chicanes must be respected and don't forget to slow for the hairpin. The rest is easy!

I wonder what the percentage of finishers we'll have :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Hopefully high, but I'm doubtful it will be. The first chicane is way too tight for accidents not happening for 40 minutes of racing.

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Can you say....tiptoe :)

7. Kacper Kolodziejczyk

Kacper Kolodziejczyk

No tiptoeing for me for sure, I've got it down how to go through the chicanes with minimal loss of speed. ;)

So I feel like sharing tonight. Dennis, your setup is pretty nice and stable, but a bit on the slow side (x:xxs and maybe x:xxs are possible). So I had to try and mend something together for myself, starting from default and came up with this. It's quite unstable I guess, but a lot, lot quicker. I was able to get x:xx.x so far, and at least .xs lurking in first sector and .xs in the last sector, probably more in all of them to be honest. Hope you enjoy this little present and Happy Easter! :)

Staff edit: sorry we don't discuss laptimes for the club events, just to keep them fun.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Thanks for supplying a setup for the fast guys.
    Off to find some chocolate Easter eggs!

9. Thank you guys.

Happy Easter to all

10. Sign me up please. Never driven the F3000, and it's gonna be my first race here at RD.
    Only driven against AI cars. So i think it's better that i start at the back and just see what happens.
    Happy Easter to all.

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Welcome Dimitry! First race and first time in the car, this ought to be very exciting! A fast track with very hard walls, take care my friend.

12. Thank you. I will take care, I've already noticed that the walls and my car have this.... this fatal attraction.:inlove:

• Love Love x 1
  13. Not 100% sure, but I'll most likely be there :)

Whenever these F3000 races aren't on Wednesdays, I'll do my best to make it to them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This might be the easiest F3000 drive ever!

15. Should certainly be easier than the last time I was here. I think the last time I drove this track was in a goof-off event here at RD. A fleet of BMW 320s hunting down and destroying some escaping Minis.

Lap times were typically in excess of 3 minutes, as trying to ram each other seems to have a bad effect on lap times. Though I can't for the life of me work out why... :whistling:

16. Can't Make it tonight. :(. I'm Sorry guys.

17. I haven't had a huge amount of time to prepare, but this is what I intend to race on. Based on my usual Presto setup. It should be good for the entirety of each race. :)

Key things to remember are not to try and carry speed through turn 1. It screws up your entry into turn 2, so it's worth going as low as 2nd gear for turn 1.

After turn 2, try to stay flat all the way up until you come to the bottleneck. There's plenty of grip to do this.

9-10 definitely requires a lift over the crest. It's worth straightening this out as much as possible, as that enabled you to get back on the throttle very quickly once the weight's back down. 11's worth widening out as much as possible. As near the apex of 11, the elevation changes easily cause the suspension to run out of travel.

See you guys tonight. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

R1, took it's tool on me. A run at the barriers in T1-2 lost me a wheel. I hopped a ride in the track heli and watched the rest of the action from above.

R2; though starting on pole, I was last into T1 and simply blew it, didn't slow enough and plowed into the bunch tearing David's left rear wheel off, time for him to take a heli ride. Sorry David. I continued on but was already 32 seconds behind April and two small spins and "ahem" my normal driving put me over 50 seconds behind at the end.

Let's see what I can do in the Beemer tomorrow, hehe!

19. This was certainly a fun combo. Lining the car up through the bottleneck chicane was certainly tricky, but is great fun when you manage it :D

By the way, Dennis, you've been running the F3000/Radical races on Wednesdays until now. Are they moving to Mondays now? As if so, you can probably count me in for every single one :D

20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This may have been the best combo fir the week, but we'll see.

The races that have days set for them are the WTCC, STCC[2] and Mini Friday. In the past I tried to open the week with a slower car and have Wednesday be the faster day but not guarantees on that.

I think soon the schedule will see a shuffle for several reasons. The racing clubs need a bit of balance, especially with the newer sims getting better and coming out with multiplayer. Since I try to attend every race it would be nice for me too!