1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F3000 Enduro @ Interlagos - Wednesday 1st October 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Andrew Evans, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: F3000
    Track: Interlagos nogrip rapidshare
    Practice: 19:00 GMT (45 mins)
    Qualify: 19:45 GMT (30 mins)
    Warmup: 20:15 GMT (10 mins)
    Race: 20:25 GMT (1 hour)
    Password: click here

Please note: this is an endurance event - do not sign up if you cannot commit to the full session.
    Sign-ups will be closed one hour before practice.​
  2. Drivers
    1. Andrew Evans
    2. Neil Gault
    3. Neil Farren
    4. Thierry Marchand
    5. Nico Major
    6. Damian Dainhumain
    7. Martin Holman
    8. Ian Beech
    9. David Lemon
    10. Darren Gardner [skin]
    11. Tim Ling
    12. Marc Kollinger
    13. Tony Gonzalez
    14. Simon Trendell
    15. Gary Lennon
    16. Michael Herrmann
    17. Marc Good
    18. Victor Shaw
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    1. Alex Guehennec
    2. Daniel Juncadella
    3. Sébastien Poidevin
  3. Ill take first reserve in the hope my wheel is here.
  4. so many races and so little time but yes stick me down as it sounds like a good combo
  5. Sign me up please
  6. I'll take a reserve slot, am not the best in open wheelers and need to see if I can get a feel of these cars.

7. sign me up :thumb:
  8. Nico Major

Nico Major
    Premium Member

sign me up pls!

The last one in Donington was so nice, and now some smaba :dance:
  9. I just done a few laps and the car is pretty damn fun and am feeling pretty solid round the track, so I will be there.

Can I be put on the main list or do I stay on reserve?
  10. nah damian, yer in, man... :thumb:
  11. yes please sign me up
  12. please sign me up
  13. Sign me up, please :)
  14. Nico Major

Nico Major
    Premium Member

lapping and beeing lapped ...

If you don’t mind I’d like to say some words regarding lapping, based on my experience from the last event at Donington and my general understanding of that topic.

First I have to state, that all drivers were very kind and tried to do their best to let faster drivers lap them. However there were some tricky situations (and one accident for me) because of some misunderstanding.

Basically there are 2 options to let someone pass.

• If you are on a straight and a faster driver comes close, go off the racing line and lift the throttle (if necessary). Please do this early enough, so that the closing driver can see your intention. Do not just slow down on the racing line! The faster driver might smash into your rear, because he can not tell your move and when he sees it, it’s too late.
    • If there is no straight just drive your normal racing line and let the faster driver overtake you as he would overtake a direct opponent. But in contrast to a real fight you are very kind to him and assist him getting past you. You can break a little earlier and leave the door wide open so he can easily slip through at the inside.
    Everything else is unpredictable and thus dangerous for both.

All tracks have parts that are not suitable for overtaking. You should go as normal and good as you can there, without caring about the car behind you and take the next good opportunity to let the faster car pass. It’s no problem for the good driver to adapt to a little less speed but there is a big risk of crashing if you do something the following driver can not predict. (This is usually true for fast corners that are taken at full speed or with just a little lifting where everyone is at the edge of the car.)

Further comments are very welcome.

Looking forward to nice racing,
  15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Nico, this is excellent advice and well explained.
    I think you should post it in a new thread in the Racing Club Paddock forum, so everyone can read it. :thumb:
  16. Nico Major

Nico Major
    Premium Member

Thx, I will do in short.
  17. Put me on the reserv list Andrew please
    hope i'll have time for this one I love this track
  18. Can you put a server up for this by tomorrow man? (ganna do some laps tomoz, maybe tonight if I get time)

19. yup - i was gonna sort that out later this evening, i'll post back once it's up and running - cause we'll need people to check it's okay, as with all external tracks....
  20. Sign me up please
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.