1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F3000 @ Brands Hatch, Wednesday 11th September 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: F3000
    Track: Brands Hatch
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race, 30 Minutes

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Krisztián Tóth
    4. Rui F. Martins
    5. Phil Lawrence
    6. Janko Balej
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I'm in :confused:

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm a maybe as I'll be in the process of setting up my triple screen so If all goes well then yes

4. Sign me up pls! ^^

5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

sign me up please

6. too late to put my name down? would be great to add to the numbers for this. let me know as ill be trying to setup a car for this (are setups allowed?)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Hey Phil, you can sign up right up until qualifying starts. Yeah setups are allowed and quite necessary with these cars.... That's me stuffed then :O_o:

Don't forget to add an hour to those GMT start times if you're in the UK. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. awesome thanks for the info justin especially the GMT+1 heads up d-(",)z

i thought that a setup would be nice to have however are you folks making your own? what sort of lap time should i be aiming for that would be real useful to know once again thank you justin and everyone else who is helping with my questions so far.

9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I have no idea of lap times mate, this will be the 2nd time I use these cars (1st outing was a disaster) I'll guess I'll find out tonight :D

10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Phil Lawrence , use any setup that works for you. These cars are very tricky to setup, usually several different setups will give me the same laptime so probably more driver related for me.

As Club events are just for fun, we don't discuss lap times as it might stop drivers from showing up.

11. Sign me up please.

12. i thought as much and i am happy to race for fun and learn the tracks with people i apolagise for bringing up times and will just go with what i have looking forward to it and what a track haha having a blast

• Like Like x 2
  13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I'm in

14. gutted i backed out to find out how to enable in car rear view mirror..didnt realise i couldnt get back in :(

hope you guys enjoyed the race im peeved at that happening

15. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Well, to say sim racing on the pc is a steep learning curve is a big understatement! Another race tonight and with no assists on and my new triple screen set up, it was bloody hard work lol. Qualifying in last place was a given but my main aim at the moment is to actually finish the races and that was achieved tonight. Also had to contend with a stop and go after I'd spun off and was unable to control the car so got penalised for cutting the track I mean wtf!! then I spun out again and damaged my suspension so had to pit again. As I say, a steep learning curve but very enjoyable all the same. Well done to the winners and thanks for organising Dennis.

Cheers

Jim

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Phil Lawrence , all in the learning curve! You can leave and come back during Q but not after.

These cars are not the easiest to drive. Is that putting it to nicely? But of course they are a ton of fun :). Justin was the true leader though it all but I think unfamiliarity got him in the end.

My job was to stay on track, difficult when Rui shows a blast of speed and Janko is as fast as I am.

But then came L1, T4 and Justin and Rui try to figure who goes in first, it waqs me! So I lead for five laps until I have an off. Janko takes it for a couple and spins off after T1 and I'm unlucky enough to have to avoid him, aero damage :( and I slink to the pit. Coming out I guess I freaked Janko and he blew T1, I was staying slow and inside but ...anyhow, he's of to the pit fr a repair. Rui has the lead, Janko comes out of the pit right behind me a lap later and we run the last laps to the flag really fighting! It was a good race, afterwards in the pit I thought there were to be two races, I was wrong :thumbsup: These support classes are not supposed to take the "grandeur" out of the WTCC series.

17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Had the slightest of taps and lost aero and suspension damage! incredible as I had some very hard ones in practise and nothing!! Unfortunately I have pit stops on manual and my box was like 50 meters in and had no time to select aero and suspension repairs....filled up fuel I didn't want and fresh tyres but no repairs :( so I decided the same would happen if I tried pitting again, so I decided to spectate.

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

For my stop I pulled up to the beginning of the pits, still on pit road and went through my menu then rolled to the box.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

What I should have done, knowing that an off was quite a possibility was to have a preset at the top of the list which repaired damage lol

20. Im really sorry for today, i had to miss the event because my dog is really sick:( hope i can come next time:)