1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F3 @ Curitiba - Wednesday 5th December 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Event Details
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
    Mod: Formula 3
    Tracks: Curitiba 1

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:30 Qualification
    • 19:50 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race 40 Minute Race
    Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Entry List
    Leave a comment in the thread below if you wish to be signed up. Signing up means we expect you to be present of course.
    1. Guus Verver
    2. Mick Aspinall
    3. Samuel Fuller
    4. Milan Frank
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
    26. Driver
    27. Driver
    28. Driver
    29. Driver
    30. Driver
    31. Driver
    32. Driver
    33. Driver
    34. Driver
    35. Driver
    36. Driver
    37. Driver
    38. Driver
    39. Driver
    40. Driver

2. im in

3. Mick Aspinall

Mick Aspinall
    Premium Member

Sign me up please

• Like Like x 1
  4. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller
    Premium Member

I'm in aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. server is up guys

6. dam working night shift, no cigar, good luck lads.

7. Mick Aspinall

Mick Aspinall
    Premium Member

Might not make tonight, been ill this last two days. Sickness and fever, feeling bit better but still aching a lot. Will try if I feel up to it.

8. Count me in.

But please be patient with me. This will be my first attempt at a properly organised race in GSC.

9. definately, just enjoy your time and take it easy :D this sim truly is amazing :)

Welcome Milan to the GSC Racin Club forums.

10. I really dont feel like racing tonight so im out sorry :( might still join if I change my mind but probably not

11. I will try to join so you have some proper back-marker to fight with. But not sure yet if I can.

12. I'm in.

13. Can i still join.
    i like too:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mick Aspinall

Mick Aspinall
    Premium Member

well i made the race, don't 40 mins go quick. good fun, first f3 race online done will be back for more. all i need now is some more talent and speed. thanks to all for good race.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Great race, although I barely had any fight. The lap times were quite close, specially during race.

Qualified 4th out of 5.
    On the start Samuel spun in front of me and I had to avoid, crashing a little and losing some time. Thus Mick overtook both of us.

On lap 7 I caught up with Mick and passed him on the straight. Seeing the replay, I gave way too much room for him on the good line (I did not want to retake the outside and touch him), I entered T1 from very very bad angle and lost the rear, and with it, 5 seconds and two places, now I was last.

Lap 8 caught up again with Mick. I was not trying to overtake him, but he was quite slow on the slowest turn. However, his line and mine at that turn were quite different (and our lap times almost identical, which suggests to me we are both doing it slightly wrong? but each in our way). I ended up in parallel to him on the exterior and him not touching the apex... decided to go straight to avoid crash. Yet again last.

Lap 11, getting near Mick. Pushing like hell to shave barely hundredths of second each lap. Too early on the throttle, slight oversteer, grass, dammit, lost 15 seconds. This was my only real (big) mistake in 40 minutes, and probably prevented me from having the most entertaining fight ever.

Lap 19 Samuel enters pits? Gain one place and around 20 sec over him. Still pushing but Mick keeps pretty much exactly my same speed.

Lap 20-22 Mick made some mistake and I see him again. But no way to get under 2 seconds from him to try to get his drift.

Lap 31, with Mick just in front of me, Samuel finally recovers from his pit stop. He gets a go at the main straight and overtakes me on the interior at T1. I could have covered it, or go fer the apex and he probably would have had to back off, but he was clearly faster than me and would get me later anyway, so I took a wide line to avoid any incident. 5th and last again.

Seconds later, I see his car teleporting a few meters and then going straight. Bad way to gain a place for me.

I keep pushing for the final 2 laps, but with the little lost time with Samuel and the startle of his teleporting Mick has gained a couple extra seconds, no way to get him.

Finished 4th, about +40 seconds from the winner Davy, which for a 40 minute race I think is not bad at all.

Mr. Aspinal, I hope to see you at next event, with a bit more luck we can have some amazing battles, considering our almost identical laptimes.

16. Thanks gents, I enjoyed myself. While watching the replay I could see Mick narrowly missing my rear end on the first lap due to my quirky entry into that tricky tight corner. This is exactly what I meant in previous post while asking for patience :) I am also wondering whether Samuel's pitstop was planned or not. He was definitely lot quicker in race than in quali relatively to my pace ...

17. Samuel Fuller

Samuel Fuller
    Premium Member

I was strugling in qually with setup. managed to change it in warm up. (less wings meant it wasnt bottoming out and the suspension could do its job) decided last minute to have a pitstop stratagy. it didnt work. sorry for the spin at the start. I got a good initial get away then got too gready. had a good race pushing hard and not making too many errors after the first lap. then GSC decided to minimize and sent me into the wall.

18. Some highlights, I learned a couple of things playing with the replay editor.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.