rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Hockenheim DRS - Mon 4th Aug

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great battle in that video @Frederic Schornstein and @Gijs van Elderen I'm sure you have noticed a good turnout for FR 3.5. Would be great to see this continue to build up. It would be awesome to see grids in the mid 20s soon.
A word of encouragement to newer drivers in this sim/car from a mid pack driver.
The FR 3.5 rewards practice. Setup is important and its not an easy car but every session you find pace and the top few guys last night are very quick drivers.
The standard of driving was high and we hope you come back.

Great battle in that video @Frederic Schornstein and @Gijs van Elderen I'm sure you have noticed a good turnout for FR 3.5. Would be great to see this continue to build up. It would be awesome to see grids in the mid 20s soon.
A word of encouragement to newer drivers in this sim/car from a mid pack driver.
The FR 3.5 rewards practice. Setup is important and its not an easy car but every session you find pace and the top few guys last night are very quick drivers.
The standard of driving was high and we hope you come back.
The track as well fit the car pretty good. As most will know I ran full rear wing on the high downforce package, which was good for my lead laps, but racing is not that easy with it, but still could get a bit closer thanks to DRS and the downforce gave me a good advantage on the brakes.

I will definetely provide a setup again for the next event. As I could pull away a bit from Dino in the first few laps it must have been somewhat decent :D

Enjoyed that last night, a decent sized grid as well shows theres a good appetite for open wheel races, I was about 8 or 9th I think when on the penultimate lap on the approach to turn 2 my right front disc went and as I braked hard it sent me flying off, I didn't realize what had happened straight away and had a few more offs and had to more or less creep round for the last lap and a half, I love stuff like this happening though and learnt a valuable lesson on brake duct openings :D
DRS was good fun as well, trying to keep someone more than a second behind or trying to get within a second of someone in front, it adds a bit more to the racing.

Enjoyed that last night, a decent sized grid as well shows theres a good appetite for open wheel races, I was about 8 or 9th I think when on the penultimate lap on the approach to turn 2 my right front disc went and as I braked hard it sent me flying off, I didn't realize what had happened straight away and had a few more offs and had to more or less creep round for the last lap and a half, I love stuff like this happening though and learnt a valuable lesson on brake duct openings :D
DRS was good fun as well, trying to keep someone more than a second behind or trying to get within a second of someone in front, it adds a bit more to the racing.
I am always very conversative with my brake duct settings. I think I used the default 20% closed. Never really tested the gain you can get in terms of less drag. My brakes worked really well into the hairpin. Could do some nice outbraking :)

Just sit back and watch the race with a beer and a bag of chips was just awesome. There was just so much action on the track. From the start of, T1 was expected to create some chaos in the mid field.

After a few laps the top 3 seems to have settled and i watch the mid field battles. It was pretty cool to zoom in on the rear wings and see the DRS flap close. Some seem to forgot about it in the heat of battle and closed it halve way the straight. :p

About halve way the race the battle for P2 seems to last last forever. If there was a commentator he would have fainted, just unable to breath between the action. Because there were some awesome battles in the mid field too.

:thumbsup:

If I look back to the old races I have done (on Eracing), this is probably the cleanest one ! I was very confident in every part of the track, at every time of the race.

But next time I'll be less conservative on the brake duct, on the fuel and the radiator engine.And as I take a look at myself during the battle for P2, I gave too much room to the others racers (about 3-4 meters !! :rolleyes:).

Next time I'll try to leave 1 meter or 2...:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back