rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Hockenheim DRS - Mon 4th Aug

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Jorn is dead right on how FR3.5 DRS works, I posted on ISI forum and this has been pointed out to me from the download for FR3.5 2014

Drag Reduction SystemThe car features a drag reduction system (DRS) system, which in contrast to F1, closes the slot gap to stall the wing. The system is only really effective on the HDF (High DownForce) package. On the MDF, there is minimal effect and on LDF, DRS produces no effect. Be aware that it significantly shifts the downforce balance forward, so you must choose wisely when to operate the system, only after your tires have plenty of grip and the car is mostly in a straight line. It takes a few tenths for the flow to fully reattach to the rear wing, meaning that downforce comes back progressively. Utilizing DRS is essential as the top speed gains can be quite substantial.

Jorn is dead right on how FR3.5 DRS works, I posted on ISI forum and this has been pointed out to me from the download for FR3.5 2014

Drag Reduction SystemThe car features a drag reduction system (DRS) system, which in contrast to F1, closes the slot gap to stall the wing. The system is only really effective on the HDF (High DownForce) package. On the MDF, there is minimal effect and on LDF, DRS produces no effect. Be aware that it significantly shifts the downforce balance forward, so you must choose wisely when to operate the system, only after your tires have plenty of grip and the car is mostly in a straight line. It takes a few tenths for the flow to fully reattach to the rear wing, meaning that downforce comes back progressively. Utilizing DRS is essential as the top speed gains can be quite substantial.
Yes, I searched for it as well. As I saw the reallife FR 35 racing I was wondering why I never see them using it:roflmao:
Actually it is fun, because it is hard to tell in practice, if the car in front is using it.

Bit of FR 3.5 DRS Trivia
I was watching some 2014 rounds and rather than being triggered as per F1 they have 350 seconds of DRS functionality per race. So the defending car as well as the attacking car may have it depending if they have saved any.

Hope its not too late to sign up :) pls sign me up , if not :)
Quali was 1 hr ago.
When you posted this the race was underway.
Sorry, see you next time.

Thanks all for a great race. It was fantastic to see 18 cars on the grid.
I was P9 in quali and was fighting in P6 and P5 for most of the race. There was quite a gap to P4 who was up in the main fight.
Very realistic battle with Sam and Norbert I think.
Was pleased with my gradual improvement in this car.

Thanks and hope to see you in FR 3.5 2014 very soon!

Quali was 1 hr ago.
When you posted this the race was underway.
Sorry, see you next time.

Thanks all for a great race. It was fantastic to see 18 cars on the grid.
I was P9 in quali and was fighting in P6 and P5 for most of the race. There was quite a gap to P4 who was up in the main fight.
Very realistic battle with Sam and Norbert I think.
Was pleased with my gradual improvement in this car.

Thanks and hope to see you in FR 3.5 2014 very soon!

Ah crap! haha, ok cool thanks. I got the time difference slightly wrong :) Sounds like it was a great race!
See ya'll next time!

That was a great race. Qualy was bad (6 tenth of personal best), but I had a good start and got Dino after T1 and checked out for the next few laps in P1 and got some 2 or 3 seconds between me and Dino. Than I got distracted before the Sachs curve and messed it up in slow motion. Rejoining didn't work as planned. Sorry it looked pretty dangerous. I had not enough throttle to spin it.

After that in P3 and had another guy 1 second behind me, but I was again catching the leaders. After a few laps I started to make bigger gains to P2 and the gap to Dino was stable (reduced it by 1 or 2 seconds in the next 15minutes). Towards the end I got close to P2 and it was an intense battle with @Nicolas Delamare with some nice outbraking and side by side action. It was really difficult as I had also pressure from behind and we got into traffic as well. With 2 minutes to go I managed to get P2 and defended from then on to avoid any risks as the battleing did hurt my tyres a bit and I didn't want to stretch my luck.

In the end happy that I spun, because it was such an amazing battle and that is what club races are about. Of course congrats @Dino Paolini I get you next time ;)

Didn't last very long, made a couple of daft mistakes :rolleyes: and god forbid you get a little bit of understeer on the second last corner :laugh: horrible kerb launched me into the wall but I didn't take any damage.

The next lap I went over a bollard that was sitting on the racing line at the exit of turn 1 which put me into the wall and removed my front wing, on my way round to change it I received a stupid stop/go after I locked the brakes and cut the track even though I must have been a lot slower :rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%