F1C 99-02 NASCAR Manager - Pre Season Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will leave this open for quite a while, as I'm going on holiday in 15th of June, so I won't be able to actually run the races till 15th of August. So that's why I said it might not start till August

1st ever publically revealed test qualifying (no teams or buys put in yet)
F1 Challenge 99-02 2014-06-03 20-05-14-157.jpg

I know, a lot of laps are absolutely the same! #BlameEA :p

It's when I fast forward sessions, the times don't get affected by traffic, track condition, etc. But if I actually do stay in game, and wait
1) The game crashes
2) Some cars can't even get out of the garage

Though race might be better, 7 laps in, looking ok

I'll choose Ricky Rudd and Jerry Nadeau ;)
Don't worry, they won't always be 1st, and 2nd. The quali order is very random. I did a few tests, the top 5 were never in the top 5 again, after doing 3 more qualy sessions. So just pure excitement, and rage :D

Also, due to F1C having no variation, I was thinking to make all times nearly equal using the same skill levels, and really long qually sessions. But then to random.org the "variation", which is the number shown in random.org, that's how much I will reduce/increase skills

But this method, apart from the equal laps, seems to be working :D

So far the race was ran for 32 laps (out of 99) Boring till pitstops came in

I am totally going to use the random.org method to add "variation" in this game :D

EDIT: Or not :p The race just started to get exciting

Last edited:
Alright, so the race ended at 44 laps, everyone ran out of fuel :( So I can only show 20% of the race, which is 40 laps

The races are really freakin' long anyway though

Also, I decided that I will use random.org variation, which will just reduce the skills by the random.org number. Will affect all byable content

And, all races ran will be in dry conditions

=More Fun :rolleyes:
10 DNF-ers in the test race before the fuel started to kick in

And you wanted fun, let me test a race with "custom" variation :D

Also, to everyone who's painting a livery, the number of the driver needs to be on the both doors, and on the roof. But no NASCAR sponsors needed on the actual car

I thought that was already set up by the mod :D

But once I did actually experience a wet race, everyone was spinning everywhere, absolute carnage :unsure:
If track becomes wet races will be red flagged, then they wait till it's dry and blow the track dry with jet engines or they finish it.

Juan pablo montoya crashed once into a jet engine dryer, the maldonado of the nascar drivers :laugh:

Edit:
Track wasn't wet, but still fun to watch:

Edit 2:
Seem like the cars can run in the wet, as long as they aren't driving on oval's

Last edited:
@Omer Said
At least put F1C 99-02 in the title, as F1C is short for F1 Challenge, and F1 99-02 is not the full name of the game

Driver 1: Shawna Robinson/69
Driver 2: Bobby Hamilton/32

Sponsors: E, E

To let you guys know early, you can transfer 2000$ into next year. Bank money is not allowed. All your "waste" money will be separated between your drivers. If your drivers decide to leave (look below), if the team they get into has less than 2000$ money, he will lend his money to his new team. (potentian idea, to make the championship more close)

I have a good idea about driver transfers, I wanted to use random.org to see for all drivers will they leave their current team. Just to make it like a proper team manager. So like number 1: stays 4 sure, number 2: can stay, but not if he gets a better offer, and number 3: leaves 4 sure. About drivers numbers then, I am still thinking...
(another idea)

And Steven's idea for sponsors which will be used 4 sure in S1, is, like, you draw a number, and every number has a random sponsor.

So overally a lot of randomeness in this game :D

Last edited:
yeah, probably too much. i don't see why we are choosing some of our favourite NASCAR drivers, who are all equal in terms of skills at the start of the season, yet there is a chance they leave.
why let us choose at all then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years