F1800 @ Aviano Intermediate 1 / Aviano Full GP - Wednesday August 29th 2012

netkar_f1600.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT
Class: Formula 1800
Track: Aviano Intermediate 1, Aviano Full GP
Weather: dry
Formula 2000 skin pack: click here (extract to your nkpro folder)

18:30 GMT: Practice
19:10 GMT: Qualification 1
19:30 GMT: Race 1, Aviano Intermediate 1 (15 laps)
19:50 GMT: Qualification 2
20:10 GMT: Race 2, Aviano Full GP (11 laps)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download here). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically.
Click this link to login to Teamspeak

Entrylist:
To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
  1. Senad Subasic
  2. Grzesiek Zabielski
  3. Maciej Dolinski
  4. Marcus Dillon
  5. Paul Dillon
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

apologies for dropping out during the practice session. That car is really hard to drive at the best of times and I only have a 2 pedal system. I found downshifts unmanageable without a clutch pedal. I am sure there are plenty of good drivers who can handle that but I am not one of them. I was 7 seconds off the pace which means I am no more than a rolling road block and the fast guys don't need that. I will be back when I see you using a car with some downforce! Good luck to you all for the race, especially Marcus (my son) , hope you enjoy it.
cheers

The game crashed again, and I got switched down to 640x480...
Reinstalling the video drivers now. But there was some weird flickering while I was rebooting, I think my graphics card is on its way out...

EDIT: reinstalled video drivers, monitor drivers, nothing working, can't join.
Let me know when you want me to rekick the server for the second track.

From my perspective those races were very exciting! Speed difference between me and Leu was quite big but still is produced some very close racing. To be honest in second race level of gentleman racing was quite ridiculous :p. Leu got much faster corner exit so i thought i will take next corner easy and go very wide he probably thought same so his line was very tight and also slow. And so we crawled throught couple corners :)

... I found downshifts unmanageable without a clutch pedal...
I don't even touch clutch pedal. When downshifting it's good idea to blip throttle which stabilizes rear end. I also disabled upshifting help (it seems to be faster) so when changing gear it's necessary to lift throttle (i think about 70% is more than enough)

Also this car compared to F2000 is much harder. Enough power to lit back wheels on fire and not enough grip to keep car on track. But just wow... felling of controlling weight transfer when setting car before next corner is just spectacular in this sim.

I can't drive with a clutch, and never use mine (except for getting off the line at race starts). Just lift and blip. You have to get the timing right though, but within a couple of laps you'll be there.

Glad you enjoyed the car Maciej. Seems we have one more member in the "f1600 and f1800 are awesome" club :D
I had a blast in those 20 minutes of practice I got. So controllable... When you get a series of corners just right, it's bliss :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back