F1 Tracks project for Race07

Hi,
I'm trying to collect all the 2010 & 2011 Formula One (F1) tracks for Race07/GTR Evo and put them in a new in-game track category called "F1 Tracks". Sort of like the Codemasters F1 2010 version of the game but in Race07.

I've found these tracks so far:
  • Bahrain v1.1
  • Dubai 2004 v1.11
  • Hungaroring WTCC 2011 v1.0
  • Melbourne V1.1
  • Monaco 2007 v1.0
  • Montreal v1.0
  • Sepang 2005 V1.2
  • Silverstone V1.02
  • Singapore GP 2008 v1.0 (Is this the Marina Bay circuit or a different circuit?)
  • Spa 08 v1.01
  • Spa 2003 & 2004 v1.1
  • Suzuka 2001 V1.0
  • Valencia Street Circuit v1.0

I'm still looking for these:
  • Buddh International Circuit
  • Catalunya (Spain)
  • Korean International Circuit (Yeongam, South Korea)
  • Marina Bay Street Circuit (Singapore)
  • Shanghai International Circuit
  • Yas Marina Circuit (Abu Dhabi)
  • Pescara Circuit (Pescara, Italy) <- A former F1 circuit.
Does anyone have any of the missing tracks or know where I can get them from?

If it all works out, I'll share the results here for others to download and enjoy these F1 tracks. :)

Well, I'm not going to combine the tracks myself as you think...
Once we have all the tracks, we'll post the download links to those tracks so people can download them individually, and then I'll modify the .gdb files to make the new "F1 Tracks" class and I'll upload the modified files here.
All you have to do is download the modified files and overwrite the originals.

So in other words, all we're doing is just putting a selected number of tracks in a new category (100% legal), and I'm sure you don't need the author's permission to do that. I will not take credit for any of that and will clearly mention that the tracks belong to their respective authors. All I'm going to do is create the new category of tracks and sort the tracks in the same order as the Formula One season.

Lets go looking for the missing tracks...

Here is an edited version of your list:

Hi,
I'm trying to collect all the 2010 & 2011 Formula One (F1) tracks for Race07/GTR Evo and put them in a new in-game track category called "F1 Tracks". Sort of like the Codemasters F1 2010 version of the game but in Race07.

I've found these tracks so far:
  • Bahrain v1.1
  • Dubai 2004 v1.11 <- I'm not sure why you would want this because I don't think that it's ever hosted a Formula 1 GP. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
  • Hungaroring WTCC 2011 v1.0
  • Melbourne V1.1
  • Monaco 2007 v1.0
  • Montreal v1.0
  • Sepang 2005 V1.2
  • Silverstone V1.02 <- I'm not sure where this is from but I don't think it will be current spec, as I haven't seen one for RACE07 yet :(
  • Singapore GP 2008 v1.0 (Is this the Marina Bay circuit or a different circuit?) <- Yes this is the right track but it has some differences from the 2009/2010/2011 version(s), including a different (tighter) Turn 1, a tighter Turn 10 Chicane and different pit entries/exits.
  • Spa 08 v1.01
  • Spa 2003 & 2004 v1.1
  • Suzuka 2001 V1.0
  • Valencia Street Circuit v1.0
I'm still looking for these:
Unfortunately, the NoGrip Racing links that I've posted require a login at the website, but it's better than nothing :p

Does anyone have any of the missing tracks or know where I can get them from?

If it all works out, I'll share the results here for others to download and enjoy these F1 tracks. :)

If you're not intending to make an F1 track download pack then why not just post a very short 'guide' on how to modify a tracks category instead? It is an extremely easy modification of a file with Notepad that takes about 5 seconds per track.

Telling people how to do it is far simpler than getting them do download an archive full of files they then have to unpack and move around. It will also allow them to perform the same modification on other tracks they may want to categorise such as BTCC tracks, DTM tracks, etc. Give a man a fish, and all that...

If you're not intending to make an F1 track download pack then why not just post a very short 'guide' on how to modify a tracks category instead? It is an extremely easy modification of a file with Notepad that takes about 5 seconds per track.

Telling people how to do it is far simpler than getting them do download an archive full of files they then have to unpack and move around. It will also allow them to perform the same modification on other tracks they may want to categorise such as BTCC tracks, DTM tracks, etc. Give a man a fish, and all that...

Good idea! I would love to know how to categorize my tracks.

Good idea! I would love to know how to categorize my tracks.

Go to your Race07\GameData\Locations folder, and then open the folder for the track you wish to categorise. Among the files you will see one or more with the extension .GDB. Open that file with a text editor such as Notepad, and near the top of the document you will see something like the following:

TrackName = Monaco 2008 GP
TrackNameShort = Monaco 2008
EventName = Grand Prix de Monaco 2008
GrandPrixName = Grand Prix de Monaco 2008 //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = Monte Carlo
Location = Monte Carlo, Monaco
Length = 2.075 mi/3.340 km
TrackType = Temporary Road Course
Track Record = K. Raikkonen (2005) 1:13.644
EventDate= 25 May
trackInfo = Monte Carlo INFO
Category = F1

The line highlighted in red is the one you need to edit. Put whatever you like in there, in this case 'F1'. Save and exit.

When you start the game and go to the track selection screen, you will see that the new category has been created and contains all the tracks you assigned to it. Job done.

R07Categories.jpg

Note: If a folder contains more than one GDB file it is because the track has more than one variation. You can assign each variation to a different category if you wish.

Go to your Race07\GameData\Locations folder, and then open the folder for the track you wish to categorise. Among the files you will see one or more with the extension .GDB. Open that file with a text editor such as Notepad, and near the top of the document you will see something like the following:

TrackName = Monaco 2008 GP
TrackNameShort = Monaco 2008
EventName = Grand Prix de Monaco 2008
GrandPrixName = Grand Prix de Monaco 2008 //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = Monte Carlo
Location = Monte Carlo, Monaco
Length = 2.075 mi/3.340 km
TrackType = Temporary Road Course
Track Record = K. Raikkonen (2005) 1:13.644
EventDate= 25 May
trackInfo = Monte Carlo INFO
Category = F1

The line highlighted in red is the one you need to edit. Put whatever you like in there, in this case 'F1'. Save and exit.

When you start the game and go to the track selection screen, you will see that the new category has been created and contains all the tracks you assigned to it. Job done.

R07Categories.jpg

Note: If a folder contains more than one GDB file it is because the track has more than one variation. You can assign each variation to a different category if you wish.

Great! Thank you Ross! :D

I don't suppose a single track can be in two or more categories? Like say F1 and DTM?

Great! Thank you Ross! :D

I don't suppose a single track can be in two or more categories? Like say F1 and DTM?

Good question. You could always give it a try and find out. Add a second Category line to the file and see what happens. Easy enough to remove the line again if it crashes the game.

Progress...

Thanks for that guys. Here are some screenshots of what I have so far.

Issues with tracks:
Canada: not very accurate, but works fine.
Silverstone: not accurate, different layout than F1 2010
Singapore: available track is incomplete and has dodgy AI.
Korea International Circuit: available on nogripracing.com but not complete and only has a 7-car grid.
Sao Paulo: can't find this track anywhere.
Abu Dhabi - only v0.9 beta track (incomplete) available and not current specification.

I haven't included the above tracks in the game. I'm still looking for these tracks.

I haven't included the above tracks in the game. I'm still looking for these tracks.

If they're not readily available at the usual popular websites then you have to be careful. Chances are any version you find hidden away on some obscure website somewhere is an illegal conversion. Links to such content are not allowed here on RD.

If they're not readily available at the usual popular websites then you have to be careful. Chances are any version you find hidden away on some obscure website somewhere is an illegal conversion. Links to such content are not allowed here on RD.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to find these tracks even if they're illegal conversions. I've searched everywhere already.
Anyway, we should create these tracks from scratch using the Codemasters F1 2010 as a guide to what the tracks should look like.
Anyone interested in creating these tracks?

Maybe a group of modders could work together in creating the tracks instead of one person doing it all.
I'm ready to help...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back