F1 to Ban FRIC suspension System

I know it gives an advantage, but that just shows the innovation of Mercedes. Why can't the other teams just try to be just as innovative if not more instead of having the FIA ban things? If it was breaching the regulations, it should have been banned from the start, imo. Not in the middle of the season. Especially not if it has been in use for 6 years.

I know it gives an advantage, but that just shows the innovation of Mercedes. Why can't the other teams just try to be just as innovative if not more instead of having the FIA ban things? If it was breaching the regulations, it should have been banned from the start, imo. Not in the middle of the season. Especially not if it has been in use for 6 years.
You have to ask the 4 teams which decided to go against the wishes of big teams and frankly this is same happening all the times so nothing new here .

Red Bull also uses FRIC and have (just as Merc) agreed to not use it at Hockenheim. What happens after the race, who knows
But the Point here is RBR didn't pulled the car around FRIC like Merc, They build FRIC after their car so if they take it out their Damage will be less severe than Merc and other teams which build their car around FRIC. Lets see what happens in the race weekend

Red Bull also uses FRIC and have (just as Merc) agreed to not use it at Hockenheim. What happens after the race, who knows
But the Point here is RBR didn't pulled the car around FRIC like Merc, They build FRIC after their car so if they take it out their Damage will be less severe than Merc and other teams which build their car around FRIC. Lets see what happens in the race weekend

Every car on the grid uses the system. Some obviously more developed than others.
The only reason the smaller teams have not agreed to wait until next year is because the big teams said no to the cost cutting proposals earlier in the year.

It's nothing but tit-for-tat.

Also, it's been illegal all the time:

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier recently confirmed that the teams were sent a technical directive from the FIA's race director Charlie Whiting following the last race in Great Britain regarding the legality of the Front-and-Rear Interconnected Suspension (FRIC) systems used on most cars. The governing body is understood to believe that some of the systems currently being used may contravene the technical regulations, raising the possibility of them being banned outright.

They've just woken up late. I don't see any controversy here.

• Deleted member 161052

• Deleted member 161052

In the same boat as other Mercedes runners probably.
Toro Rosso and Caterham are not running FRIC at all, so they could profit more than the others.
I think Marussia aren't FRIC-runners too

I think Marussia aren't FRIC-runners too
That remains to be known. But I suspect they are buying the system from McLaren.
That is quite interesting - Pat Symmonds was MarussiaTD in previous year and he brought FRIC along with himself into Williams this year. Their dog car suddenly turned into a rocket, will be interesting to see how their speed develops in Germany.

Its slightly annoying that Mercedes are so dominant and the grid isn't closer together but at the same time they have just as much opportunity and money as any other world championship team, its just they've obviously found something that the other teams haven't. I just hope the grid closes up before too long.
Thats the thing they dont have the same money and its that that needs equalising dont no about this suspension maybe Merc have taken it a step to far by the sounds of it they are getting to close to suspensions on mansells car that got banned

• Deleted member 161052

Let's see how the cars perform in FP1 in Germany without FRIC

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%