1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 Testing

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Craig Stevenson, May 8, 2011.

1. hmm so Jean Todt wants to bring back testing, now call me cynical but could this possibly be down to the fact Ferrari are struggling so far this season :rolleyes:

2. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Ferrari International Assistance...

3. +1 i agree , absolutly Ridiclous if it comes back (which i doubt)

4. Mercedes, Renault, Hispania, Virgin, Lotus, Williams, Sauber, Torro Rosso are also struggling.....

But let's just call it a conspiracy eh?

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

6. What do you mean by struggling when you mention Mercedes? (I don't got much info about Mercedes.)
    Sure the team is struggling to keep up with Red Bull but I think that they aren't struggling that much after todays race and yesterdays qualify.

7. Nothing wrong with Mercedes they are doing good :)

8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It won't be only for Ferrari guys, looking at today's race, EVERYBODY except Red Bull has something to win with tests.

Is not only Ferrari :)

9. Post removed: insulted another member, using homophobia and casual racism

10. Trolls don't belong here, absolutly no need to treat members of Staff like that here or you'll be gone pretty soon im sure of that :)

11. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Would not mind removing the quote now thats its been fixed?

12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, the proposed limit is 6 days, right? So if they make one more rule. 6 days, but you are not allowed to use any regular driver. In other words, you have to use a young driver or a test driver(aka old driver/former racer). Then it also makes it a bit better for the 3rd driver of the team.

13. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

@ Ole: I think this is a good idea, it makes the test driver a more valuable place in the team...

14. I wasnt against him -.-. I was stating the point that everybody for some reason thinks that the Ferrari will benefit from the FIA. if testing comes back I think everybody will gain something fromm it whether is a big step or not. There was no such racism in that comment, it was just a comment against Maclarens fans, sry if it was that harsh but it wasnt anything personal against him it was just a comment, and yes i knew he was a staff member I saw his status and let it be known it wasnt personal, just an opinion. wow.

By now if you look at not only the great racedepartment.com but other sites, forums and blogs even youtube, there are always harsh comments against Ferrair and the FIA. im not a fanboy of ferrari just an Alonso fan even before the joined Renault. So dont take it offense to it ok James.

Anyways, get rid of KERS and put Testing back in schedule.

Sorry, it wasnt meant to be a personal offense, it was meant to be a joke/ funny comment that I wasnt intended to insult a member/admin. I was just saying the word troll cuz of what the FIA means to most of us, yes i agree FIA was assistance to Ferrari back in Schumacers days...but things change and now everybody seems to be against Red Bulls...see the trend growing within the F1 personel? I say ban any flexibilty in the front wings and everybody will be happy.

HAHAHA and those teams DO NOT have any flexible wings... not also does a Red Bull give you wings but they are Flexible Wings ! :D

15. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I'm not jumping on the anti-Ferrari bandwaggon here, but it does seem that they've fallen backwards more than most other teams since the removal of in-season testing.

16. For me one of the main causes of the poor M.Schumacher return is this lack of tests, with them he would "make" his car the way he wants.

17. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

This is true.
    I don't wish to take anything away from Michael, but it does also make me thing that he, as a driver was never as good as his reputation portrays.
    He just had the luxury of an extremely flexible era of F1 (with regards to testing) and the financial giant that is Ferrari behind him and his car.

18. You get me wrong, others have the same luxury, but they don't know how to do it, he was an hard worker out off the GP and his reward for that.