F1 teams to form breakaway series

Good stuff, but it might be difficult to choose circuits, make contracts etc within a year.

I think the year should look like something like this:
1. Australia - Adelaide?
2. Japan - Suzuka (depends if it's allowed to race on Suzuka)
3. Italy - Imola
4. Portugal - Algarve
5. UK - Silverstone
6. Canada - Mosport park
7. US - Road America
8. Mexico - Mexico city
9. Brazil - Jacarepaqua
10. Argentina - Potrero de los Funes
11. South Africa - Kyalami
12. Turkey - Istanbul
13. Germany - Nordschleife
14. Netherlands - Zandvoort
15. Belgium - Zolder
16. Austria - Österreichring

Choose what order you wish.
Didn't include FIA F1 tracks, as those are impossible to reach.
Silverstone and Istanbul are not on F1 calendar next year.

• Andrew Evans

:plus1: for adelaide.... 10x better than melbourne....

First I was really sad after I read this, but know what, it's not that bad at all. Now we'll have two F1 series, and those will have to race each other and that will probably lead to improvements on both sides.
F1 will be like a completely new series now, with Williams. And the new series will be like F1 with almost all the big names except Williams.
I don't think that many legendary tracks will come back in the new series.
Now I'm only hoping they'll include the Hungaroring (or some other hungarian track), especially if they'll have lower ticket prices:D

• Kyle Evers

This sounds good now but the FIA has control of so many things that a new series will hardly even be possible. They could easily not allow the new series to compete on any tracks sanctioned by them, or give them any licenses and such. Not to mention Bernie could just sue every team that leaves. He has the money and the power.

And now you have to think about the fan base. What's going to happen with the fans? I can't even think of what will happen, this is such a messed up situation. I am really confused, and am not even sure my rant even makes sense.

Well just remember what happened to Champ Car / IRL , this could actually spell the end of F1 and any breakaway series, it may not be all good news.

In the end it all comes down to money.
In Dutch we say: "Resultaten uit het verleden zijn geen garantie voor de toekomst." - Results from the past do not guarantee the future.

So CCWS/IRL makes no sense to me.

This sounds good now but the FIA has control of so many things that a new series will hardly even be possible. They could easily not allow the new series to compete on any tracks sanctioned by them, or give them any licenses and such. Not to mention Bernie could just sue every team that leaves. He has the money and the power.

And now you have to think about the fan base. What's going to happen with the fans? I can't even think of what will happen, this is such a messed up situation. I am really confused, and am not even sure my rant even makes sense.
It's kinda simple. In the USA people are fans of the drivers. That's why none of the series was succesfull. And if a driver goes to NASCAR or so the fan will follow him.
In F1 the fans are looking at the teams and lesser at the drivers. So if the teams go into a new championship the fans will also go to that new championship.

If am honest , it's been all talk so far, one minute they say this is going to happen then the opposite happens or nothing at all, so who's betting the breakaway series will never happen?

Sure bernie will sort something out.

In F1 the fans are looking at the teams and lesser at the drivers. So if the teams go into a new championship the fans will also go to that new championship.

Not all of those fans will do though, allot yes but not all and I doubt the viewing figures will be higher then what it has been in F1. FIA hold most of the rights and simply have the more power so it will be hard for FOTA to suceed big time. And allot of F1 fans just follow driver's whatever team they go to so if Kimi stayed in FIA F1 most of his fans would also do so for example.

But I doubt the breakaway series will happen, but lets see in the next few days / weeks.

• Kyle Evers

It's kinda simple. In the USA people are fans of the drivers. That's why none of the series was succesfull. And if a driver goes to NASCAR or so the fan will follow him.

I must be an exception then because I look at the teams more than the drivers. And I don't like NASCAR.

If they follow the driver, why so many Ferrari flags? Ferrari fans don't care about the driver, they care about Ferrari. Same with McLaren.
I think 90% of the fans are following a team instead of a driver

FIA to launch legal action against FOTA

Motorsport's ruling body, the FIA, has announced it will be launching legal action against the Formula 1 teams trying to set up a breakaway championship. The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) announced on Thursday night that, after failing to reach an agreement with the FIA, will start its own series next year.
But the governing body has responded to FOTA with a legal threat, saying the teams, and Ferrari in particular, have binding commitments that they cannot break.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76316

As I said I doubt the breakaway will ever happen.

• Andrew Evans

lol, was just coming here to post that!

let the suing begin....

And what if Ferrari will just join with some cheap cars and cheap drivers so their budget stays below 500k for a season? And a tent as a motorhome?

That was exactly what i was thinking when i read the news on the RTLGP website today.
I am really curious what the details are in those contracts that teams have with the FIA. Does anybody know that?

The FIA announced that the final list of the 2010 entries is now on hold :) (are they giving in?)

My Favourite new series Calendar :D

1. Australian GP - Adelaide
2. South African GP - Kyalami
3. French GP - Magny Cours
4. Austrian GP - A1 Ring
5. Spanish GP - Jerez
6. Belgian GP - Zolder
7. German GP - Nurburgring
8. Portuguese GP - Algarve
9. Italian GP - Imola
10. GP of Europe - Silverstone
11. GP of USA - Indianapolis