1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Support races poll

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ramon van Rijn, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Last year Patrick van Driel did a wonderful job of organizing F1 support races during real F1 race days (Sundays).

I would like to know if you would like to run such events again this year.
    Currently 3 mods are available for this; CTDP 2006, MMG 2007 SE or MMG 2007 PE.

In the CTDP2006/MMG SE all cars perform the same. The PE has differences in car performance. If those will be run, we have to think of a format who drives which car, or switch cars after each race...etc.etc.

Input, input . I need your input. But please be realistic, we must be able to manage it without too much effort.

Thanks for advice/suggestions.

2. I say go for MMG SE. I can't think of any simple way to decide who gets what car with PE.

3. MMG 2007 PE is the best out of those 3 mods in my opinion - however we would have to have a system where you can only drive a car once then you have to change to keep it fair.

4. I would say MMG 2007 SE Mod as the Player Edition would cause a lot of arguments

5. Cool Ramon,

Been waiting for this. Ive only done MMG SE and PE. I havent done CTDP2006 yet. I'm all for it. :rotfl:

6. I would like to use the PE version, because it just seems more realistic to me that cars perform differently to each other. But then I may be in a minority of people who would happily drive a Force India for a season.

7. i'll say MMG pe,and once you've choose a car,you drive it all season long.:)

8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

The intention is to run separate races, not for points etc.etc.
    I prefer the MMG PE too, its more uptodate. Mandatory changing of car for each race would do the trick. But for now the other mods are open too :)

Input about format is welcome too. Tracklist, Race format, Setups (fixed/open), etc.

9. I suggest do the track that is on that weekend, half race distance one week and for the next event run the full distance, open setups as fixed might be horrible for the track.

10. well,if we're able to find the officials tracks of the season,and if they are all legals,than we should follow the official calendar to me.50% of the real race could be good enough,and open setup for more challenge,that's my 2cents:)

11. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Agree on the tracks/setups :)
    If someone can have the task of searching for Tracks and download links we can be prepared for the 'season'. We might run a test race next weekend already :)

12. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Startpost updated with fancy stuff :)

13. I'll have a look for the tracks Ramon

14. The majority of the tracks are all available. Not sure on up to date configurations though or tracks like Singapore. Be cool to do that track though under floodlights.

15. 2009 FIA Formula One world championship calendar:

29 Mar - Australia (Melbourne)

5 Apr - Malaysia (Sepang)

19 Apr - China (Shanghai)

26 Apr - Bahrain (Sakhir)

10 May - Spain (Barcelona)

24 May - Monaco

7 June - Turkey (Istanbul)

21 June - Great Britain (Silverstone)

12 July - Germany (Nurburgring)

26 July - Hungary (Hungaroring)

23 August Europe (Valencia)

30 August - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

13 September - Italy (Monza)

27 September - Singapore

4 October - Japan (Suzuka)

18 October - Brazil (Interlagos)

1 November - Abu Dhabi

16. That is a great list Ben!! :) The first race is in 3 weeks!!

17. i hope i can jump in the season 19th of April , then hope to compete every race .... depends on racing time..and day

18. I have a much better version of Spa, but its converted from GTL so i presume we aren't allowed to use it.

The Nurburgring comes with the game too :)

19. cant wait, i am for fixed setups, so we have close battles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.