AC F1 Sundays: F-Renault 3.5 @ Silverstone GP - Sunday, August 16th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I dont know what was wrong with my TS today. I didnt get any response (At least I think so) and eventually I was brutally rear ended by someone, went back to the pits and then I was in the 27th lap while everyone was on 28th and then it was green flag. Naturally I then proceeded to crash in the first corner and with blue flags all around me I didnt want to start again.
Nice race though.
Huge confusion.

hahahaha this race, must have been the most fun i've had lately. complete utter cluster**** :D but very fun!
parking-chaos.gif

I believe a dropbox was mentioned for race replays?

As for the race, it was fun, clustermugs aside.

@Lorenzo Bonder - I feel for you man, you tried very hard to keep things organised, so big thanks to you for your effort. This has to be very stressful, to try to organise safety cars for a full grid of 24, with drivers all over the place. It has to be hard. I'm sure you'll come up with a solution.

Until ac properly supports safetycar, maybe we should go back to the old "if u fudge up, u are fudged" system. Too much confusion this time. And cold tyres.

Nice challenge, awful race and behaviour from my part. I can just say sorry for those I wrecked up in the race, I was way too agressive today, it won't happen again.
Also, I need to be more sensible about my hardware limitations.
Will step out of crowded races and focus on being less competitive in the future.

@Lorenzo Bonder Amazing job organizing this big race and I'm sure it will only get better with time.

Cheers Lorenzo for hosting was a great event, did not get my fastest qualy lap in before i had runtime problems which was a pain. Will definitely be back next time with these cars so much fun!!!

Thanks for the race guys, especially to Lorenzo for organizing this. I just downloaded the Renault this afternoon, gave it 1-2 hours of practice, no setup changes and went for it. I had so much fun and quite a large number of wtf moments:
wtf1: When I saw lap times 4-5 seconds faster than what I could achieve with this car, I never thought you could drive laps around the 1:42 mark.
wtf2: When I watched some laps of Sun Levi realising that he is taking almost all corners differently than I do.
wtf3: When I got kissed by someone on the first straight in the race, followed up by a wall hit and serious damage.
wtf4: When the repairing of the car took 2:40 !?
wtf5: When I later realized that the coming up safety car phase could have been used my be to lap up, but I just stayed at the very back of the field. Guess what I am a race noob :)
wtf6: When the complete field stood still in that straight only to move back to the pits :).
wtf7: When nobody overtook me when we re-ordered the field. I was correctly assigned 13th but came out 8th because noone passed me.
wtf8: When I somehow managed to finish 6th in this race, although my fastest lap was an embarrasing 1:47 :).

10/10 would race again, next time maybe with a bit less chaos :). Thanks again.

Thanks for the race guys, especially to Lorenzo for organizing this. I just downloaded the Renault this afternoon, gave it 1-2 hours of practice, no setup changes and went for it. I had so much fun and quite a large number of wtf moments:
wtf1: When I saw lap times 4-5 seconds faster than what I could achieve with this car, I never thought you could drive laps around the 1:42 mark.
wtf2: When I watched some laps of Sun Levi realising that he is taking almost all corners differently than I do.
wtf3: When I got kissed by someone on the first straight in the race, followed up by a wall hit and serious damage.
wtf4: When the repairing of the car took 2:40 !?
wtf5: When I later realized that the coming up safety car phase could have been used my be to lap up, but I just stayed at the very back of the field. Guess what I am a race noob :)
wtf6: When the complete field stood still in that straight only to move back to the pits :).
wtf7: When nobody overtook me when we re-ordered the field. I was correctly assigned 13th but came out 8th because noone passed me.
wtf8: When I somehow managed to finish 6th in this race, although my fastest lap was an embarrasing 1:47 :).

10/10 would race again, next time maybe with a bit less chaos :). Thanks again.

hahahaha i agree on every single point. my experience exactly. especially 8 haha no idea how I wasn't last. :D I just wish i could like your post twice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back