• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

F1 steering wheel Grips, Like on the T500 F1 ferrari rim

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Cloudini5, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Cloudini5

Cloudini5

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello Fokes, First of all Merry Christmas to all :)

i have a question, can anyone tell me what material exactly the grips on the Ferrari F1 Thrustmaster rim is and on a Real F1 rim like for example the Mercedes F1 Rim
    i also want to know if it is possible how to mold (if i can create the molds myself) to pour this material on home made steering wheels, but i need to know what material to use for this,

the thing is i have an Amalgam Mclaren steering wheel wich has foam grips with a layer of paint over it, you can press a finger nail through the paint and damage the grips with a crack, and i want to either replace it with proper real grips, Also if i maby gonna make an Mercedes F1 steering wheel myself or buy one from another i want to have good hand grips and not leather or what so ever, cause i might get slightly wet hands and with leather it will get all slippery and it feels uncomfortable for me.

Greetings Wesley

[​IMG]

2. James Robertson

James Robertson

Ratings:
    +56
    You could try using a product called sugru.

I used it on my 3D printed f1 wheel and it works well.
    [​IMG]IMG_3865[/url] by jamesscotland73, on Flickr[/IMG] [​IMG]IMG_3865 by jamesscotland73, on Flickr

It feels really great, is very durable, and it also sandable. (Although I didn't sand it on my project).

I am soon going to start work on a mould for a 2015 ferrari wheel grip. I just have top work out the best way to do it.
    [​IMG]2015 ferrari wheel by jamesscotland73, on Flickr

I have to say though, I`m really impressed with Sugru. The only down side is that its quite expensive.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +423
    The SMZ1 wheel has urethane rubber grips.

[​IMG]

4. Cloudini5

Cloudini5

Ratings:
    +2
    heye :) Sugru kinda looks hard to mould in a nice form, i need something Liquid to pour in a mould, let it dry overnight, take off the mould and have some nice grips !

5. Joe Moore

Joe Moore
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108