F1 skins removed from AMS.

with this mods deleting? :devilish:

I mean.. I know what it's been writen but how come some mods have been deleted and some not, they even intended for very same game/car (Automobilista V10 cars) ?! :cautious:
My BAR is deleted, some other and these, for an example, are not:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-v10-arrows-asiatech-2001-a22.9487/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-scuderia-ferrari-v10-2002.9384/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jaguar-formula-v10.9237/
even mine,
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-v10-new-steering-wheel-by-shnala.9407/
which has F1 logo as a main feature!?? :O_o:

Seems to me that someone has google "F1" and if you're not typing "F1" into your mod (title), it stays. I know, dumb, but it look it's like that.
Can I get an explanation, please?
I, like many others, busting my balls about that BAR too long to be left without that. Should I upload another ....version, with proper ....title? :rolleyes:
Or you can't say that. :whistling:

Well, since this historic day...
mums all over the world will learn their kids two things.
Not to mention "F" word and also not to mention word "F1" ...word. :giggle:
Can't blame the kids, how could they know what's potentially damaging for them... :unsure:

I know this is not your fault Racedepartment but I think that should have been the process.
You are free to think whatever you wish to think of course :). But we have a Terms of Service in place that is crystal clear on the topic of copyrights and IP. It describes:
  • What isn't allowed
  • What the removal process is when a copyright holder, or in this case and agent acting on behalf of the copyright / trademark owner, should do to protect their rights and how to remove this infringing content.
Whether we like it or not they are the party that owns the rights to the series and they can do whatever they wish within their legal rights to defend it. If they follow the correct steps, which they did, we have to comply as per our own rules.

Guys when you visit the download section there is a big notice displaying to read the rules first before uploading any material.

This aloof reply rings hollow. You'd have about 10% of RD's download section left if you removed everything that infringes or appears to infringe in the most generous of interpretations on IP of some kind or another. RD promotes and protects the download section as a resource to the community and part of what keeps the site relevant and a big part of the community.

So you stay in character addressing us, take everything down they tell you, but we all know the skinny on this deal. It stinks and we have to live with it.

C'est that vie.

This aloof reply rings hollow. You'd have about 10% of RD's download section left if you removed everything that infringes or appears to infringe in the most generous of interpretations on IP of some kind or another. RD promotes and protects the download section as a resource to the community and part of what keeps the site relevant and a big part of the community.

So you stay in character addressing us, take everything down they tell you, but we all know the skinny on this deal. It stinks and we have to live with it.

C'est that vie.

Pay attention. It's no different on other sites. Certain rights holders pursue these things; others do not. If you would like to fight the point on principle, basically stating that FOWC shouldn't pursue their rights, I hope you have a very strong legal team and deep pockets for the battle.

The Safe Harbor provisions of the DMCA in the US basically protects websites like RD from getting in the middle of copyright disputes. The dispute is actually between the copyright holder and the content producer and not RD. As long as a website takes the infringing material down promptly they are absolved from liability (not sure what things are like in the Netherlands).

I can understand P*Funk's frustration, but I don't know exactly what he wants from Bram. If Bram basically says anything beyond what he has posted then it has the possibility of FOWC going directly at Bram and RD. Sometimes ignorance is bliss when it concerns websites and content posted on it. The onus is on the people who post to make sure something doesn't infringe on someone else's IP. And guess what? Most people won't know what infringes until someone makes a claim (either rightfully or wrongfully)....and it would take lots of $$$ and lawyers to dispute it.

I have a feeling that the same exact content, but posted as being a Fromula 1 skin or 1F skin never gets the attention of anyone from FOWC....but if Bram says what I just wrote he might even be considered to be facilitating copyright infringement. Sucks, but thats the way it is. (again basing things on what things are like in the US).

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the same exact content, but posted as being a Fromula 1 skin or 1F skin never gets the attention of anyone from FOWC....but if Bram says what I just wrote he might even be considered to be facilitating copyright infringement. Sucks, but thats the way it is. (again basing things on what things are like in the US).

Im pretty sure like stated if something gets titled F1 or has Formula 1 in the description you have now labeled it as F1 content and since FOWC has the copyright for F1 they will pursue you in taking it down however if you dont put F1/Formula 1 then they probably cant claim anything since you didn't label it as such. Thats how I am understanding it right now.

Guys, it's not RD's fault. They can of course decide not to adhere to the claims by F1, but since they are intending to run a clean, legal website, nothing else can happen except what is already happening.

That said, I hope some rogue mod site pops up which hosts every illegal mod imaginable, because claiming rights to 2002 or earlier F1 content is just petty and shows how far behind the times Bernie and his tarts are.

Maybe we should try and get hold of Kim Dotcom...

You are free to think whatever you wish to think of course :). But we have a Terms of Service in place that is crystal clear on the topic of copyrights and IP. It describes:
  • What isn't allowed
  • What the removal process is when a copyright holder, or in this case and agent acting on behalf of the copyright / trademark owner, should do to protect their rights and how to remove this infringing content.
Whether we like it or not they are the party that owns the rights to the series and they can do whatever they wish within their legal rights to defend it. If they follow the correct steps, which they did, we have to comply as per our own rules.

Guys when you visit the download section there is a big notice displaying to read the rules first before uploading any material.
Fair enough mate.

Are you guys just going to not be proactive and let whatever doesn't get claimed stay up because there's clearly mountains of stuff on this website that violates this same claim. The entire Assetto Corsa section is overrun with the word Formula 1 including a skin pack that represents much of the same stuff that was removed from here.
RD is a bit strange sometimes.
Patriot uploaded the Ford add on for Super V8 and told where the car came from, got removed.
People upload stuff from other games but say they did it themselves or that it was done for rFactor by the guy that only converted it, it stays. :D And there is a ton of stuff in this situation.
I think it all depends on if someone with too much free time starts reporting it otherwise nobody will find. I bet it's the same with the F1. Someone reported it to FOM

I can understand if the uploader was attempting to make money out of unlicensed mods/skins whatever.
But by the community for the community for free?
Copyright laws are frankly stupid. I also understand the RD rules as well BTW, but and it's only my opinion it's still a stupid law.
I think you could be right Will, someone reported those files.

Anyway a few slight changes to those files will make everyone happy "kind of".
Also everyone have a safe and happy Easter break.

I am a long time F1 (ooops possible TOS violation) fan. Illogical and inept management has resulted in a steady decay of (the) sport over the last 10 years (or more). There is a mental illness in F1 management, and you see that illness in the attack on our community created tributes.

Sick Bastards.

I understand that a brand needs to be defended against those that would PROFIT from unlawful use of that brand. Any person that was sound in mind would understand that the "skins" and this tiny community are not a threat.

Last edited:
Seems you guys haven't been to youTube the past 2 years.
Some crazy things happen regarding automatic copyright flagging.

Wouldn't be surprised if FOWC gets lists from google in which "F1" appears in a related content to send out mass mails to the administrators of those sites.

Just do like game developers and modders do since aeons and call it something else.

I understand that a brand needs to be defended against those that would PROFIT from unlawful use of that brand. Any person that was sound in mind would understand that the "skins" and this tiny community are not a threat.

But they're being hosted/distributed on a "for profit" website (we've all heard the stories of Bram's mansion in Monaco! :laugh: ). Like it or not the rights holder has every right to protect their IP and the ways in which they can do that are a big gray area that I'm sure RD has no interest in wading into. Far better to upset a couple modders than to get dragged into a legal battle just to "stand up for the little guy". On the flip side of that, RD has no reason to pull mods that haven't had complaints filed against them so some of them will remain available, but as soon as someone files a complaint I'd presume it's in RD's best interest to comply.

For anyone not familiar with F1, they are Gestapo-like when it comes to scouring the interwebs for anything that could be perceived as a copyright infringement (whether the offenses actually are copyright infringements is debatable).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 389 39.9%