F1 probably the only non-HD sport in the world by now

Yeh, that's the thing. Some races seem to be in HD, but it's as if they don't transmit in HD for some reason. Everyone is able, but they say they are not... Which is a little fib.

Funny, in Hungary, Vettel didn't have the HD cam, Button had it this time... They must be testing it with different teams.

FOM, Bernie's company that produce the TV world feed will only broadcast the HD feed which they already have when enough broadcasters like BBC, Sky Italy etc are able to broadcast HD.
It was rumoured on a few sites that Abu Dhabi may be shown in HD.

btw, I got my info from a forum called Digital Spy, they have a thread about the broadcasting side of F1.

Yeh, downscaling. I heard about the DigitalSpy forum regarding the F1 issue. BBC have a channel dedicated to BBC (BBC HD, surprise surprise).

Abu Dhabi being shown in HD makes sense alright.

• Bert Van Waes

Yep if they would film it in HD they would need to downscale it or fix a whole new worldwide channel.

Downscaling indeed means less frames per second and on the fastest cars in the world you don't really want that to happen...

On some races you can tell that it isn't filmed in HD at all. I watch on a 46" HDTV and they have to squash the graphics in the middle of the screen and you can see the camera is sometimes blurred. The whole squashing graphics thing shows they haven't even got widescreen supported... Cheesus...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 394 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 266 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 254 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 185 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 313 13.0%