F1 Online: The Game

update from the guys at codemasters (taken of the offical facebook page F1 online: The game)

"Last week we hit a major milestone in the game's development, we deployed a version of the game to our new Beta environment. This will be the servers where we test the game during Beta, mirroring our eventual environment for launch. Soon we'll be ready to start sending out Beta invites, but we're not quite there yet."

give it a few more weeks and we should have beta

Anyone heard from codemasters for the beta testing of the online game.
Can't wait for an official f1 team management style sim. Hopefully this puts the ball rolling for a more in depth console experiencing

OK... If your spirit levels high enough you may be able to just sit there and regen for a while instead

Just checked my spirit level and its, well, level.

34xq3ar.jpg

Sorry I thought you were talking about 2012.

signed up for beta ages ago, also follow them on fb and twitter, their last post concerning beta was on 5th april

"We’re getting closer to Beta with each day that passes now and are looking forward to sending out those first invites and getting some of you into the game and giving us feedback." Quoted from f1 online: the game offical facebook

realy looking forward to this, espically the create your own team feature

This game will probably be a taste of what we all hope for, so i hope it gives codemasters a jump off point to develop an in depth f1 experience. What does everyone wish for, or like to see

THings I'd like to see.

Pre Season:
* Development of the car from a technical standpoint, hiring new staff, trying to find innovation etc, investing in new technology and improvements to things like your teams wind tunnel
* A continuing technical push through the season bringing in upgrades to test in practice etc and refining them back at the factory

Commercial:
* Looking for team sponsors, and money from investment to take the team from a backmarker further up the grid over the years.

New talent:
* Ability to see young drivers coming up through gp2 or even karting etc. and figuring out whos going to replace your current driver if hes sub par, or finding a young driver who can bring money and interest to the team which will bring more sponsors = more money = quicker car.
* Maybe even looking for new technical talent as well

Race weekend.
* Taking a team principal type role and working through practice to find the best setup - plus strategy for the race, choosing which driver gets to use the gun new part or has there spare front wing given to the other driver because he crashed in practice.
* Whether you risk breaking curfew to fix a problem etc.
* Calling in drivers to the pits.
* Dealing with the press
*Giving team orders
* Telling Adrian Newey to stop crying everytime they win a race.
* Getting your engineers and pit crew to try and spy on the other cars for technical innovations

Factory:
*Getting engine and parts manufactureres.
* Development
* Bringing your drivers or team drivers in to use the race simulator

This is all probably too much for a first go round, maybe CM might push for a full blown management game in the coming years though. Heres hoping...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%