F1 Off Topic Thread

He´s an expert at talking to media i´ve noticed. Always leaves people hanging with no clear answers when it comes to sensitive questions.
It´s not even like he dodges the question he just present the answer in a very smart way.

I´ve wondered what the highest top speed were in F1.
Not counting Salt lakes or non-F1 tracks.

I think it´s in the ballpark of 360km/h. Speed traps give a bit of a false number as they are usually situated quite far from the braking zones. SPA for example is after Eau Rouge and not at Les Combes.

Anyone have some facts to look at whether that is from a speed trap or the team giving out the real number?

EDIT:
Antonio Pizzonia recorded a top speed of around 230.1mph on the pit straight in Monza in 2004 in a BMW Williams apparently, have no proof of it more then a comment on the net.

370km/h.

Just cliked around wikipedia and noticed these nice chains:

Tyrrell-Bar-Honda-Brawn-Mercedes

Toleman-Benetton-Renault-Lotus

and Jordan-Midland-Spyker-Force India....

Constructors that are in the grid now and where they originally come from... Couldn't find longer than 5 team changes (not just name but a team sale) in whole F1 history.

If you include all the connections, then it comes pretty nice mess.. Just looking at Team Lotus history, it's been Pacific Team Lotus that became Minardi that became Toro Rosso but... it's actually now Caterham thru weird licensing issue that makes the current Team Lotus appear as Lotus F1 Team.. Prost GP was Ligier which was Matra.. Funny. Oh wait... Prost GP was merged with... I can't fiind it, i'll go to sleep now.

One thing i learned, don't enter Jordan if you like to see car pics in Google Images..

Just remember, Lotus doesn't own the team. Genii does.

And Caterham owner owns the rights for "Team Lotus" name (can't remember the owner, just woke up...)... But clearly the Renault-Lotus is the real successor to Team Lotus, which, co-incidentally is not the car manufacturer Lotus.. They've been two separate companies for ages now. I'll bet if this year goes well, they will be securing that classic name back.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back