F1 moving towards 1000bhp for 2017?

Facts: design of front F1 needs esthetic improvement,
engine sound of F1 and most hybrid LMP's need drastic and dramatic tweaking for spectators to enjoy live races (sound is so important in the racing world, it tells us what the eyes can't capture, just try racing a lap with no or very low sound, you'll miss braking points and gear changes). I went to Le Mans in 2008 and was soooooo disappointed when the diesel Peugeot and Audi past by, that's just not a racing sound .Toyota has proven it can be exciting soundwise with hybrids, their sound is wonderful.
Engines are powerful enough, it are the restrictions in F1 that kills the sport. WEC cars are free to innovate, just take a look at the AMAZING Nissan LMP car for this year, turns everything upside down!! F1 should be open for this.
F1 should develop into what WEC is now, and if some teams can't cope with the costs, introduce a sub-class within F1 like we see now in LMP (1,2,C) where there is much more cost-effective structure and parts, with standards for everybody. Then offer the best teams of that competition sufficient prize money so they can stand a chance in the innovative class or the upper class as you wish. The two classes could race on the same time, just like the LMP cars do. The only thing I would like to see changed in the WEC is that the slow GT2 cars make way for new fast LM-GT1 cars like in the good old 90's.
That's how I see it.

They have been doing this for years over here with the old ALMS, which at one point had gotten faster than IndyCar. In fact, they were so free to innovate since the early 2000s, that IMSA did an "oops" and actually created regulations that the builders used to propel the LMP2 cars to victory over the LMP1 cars at some tracks. Manufacturers flocked. However, I saw that same Audi at Road Atlanta in 2007 or so and while I agree with you in theory, it was quite interesting to hear the rip, squeal, and grind of the tires with an almost completely silent diesel engine that kicked major ass.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back