rF2 F1 MMG @ Sepang Sunday 28 September 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

gah! jesus...

huge apologies for the complete mammaries i made of turn 1... marc & nigel, i hope i didn't screw your race too badly...

came flying down the right hand side, the breaking point i'd been using on the fence looks different on that side of the track and i completely missed it - by the time i got that sinking feeling it was all too late... not really a decent excuse but that's what happened....

coupla laps in, i got bloody called at this end, while someone was overtaking me... clipped the grass, lost my wing - figured i'd made a big enough mess already and hadta go afk, so jacked...

not really had much time to practice this week - but looked like i would be okay after practice and qually... will make sure i don't come to the event cold next time...

sorry again, dudes :(

... i hope i didn't screw your race too badly...
well.. suspension was damaged so I had to fight the whole race. Made it 7th (= last rolling) but at least I made it home.

But these races more and more turn out to be as boring as real F1 sometime are.. cannot close the gap to the drivers in front - I think I'll do some understatement in qualifying next time just to have some overtaking action ;)

Well no trouble here :) It was a great race again and exciting till the finish !
Mar-K :D had some speed today and got pole ,Robert 2nd and old me 3rd.
I could pass Robert in first corner and was 2nd for almost the whole race.
After my pitstop i had some problems getting used to the car and spun two times :( Robert was allready closing the gap to me so he could get me back for first corner :becky: Then i had to give it all i had and got back to Robert the last two laps........man that was awsome racing dude !!!!! I tried to outbrake and overtake for two or three times in last lap but his defence was great ! I dont know how small the gap was at the finish but not much:thumb:
Well deserved win for Mark ,gongrats m8 and again thx to Robert for being close again :D
Thx to all and cu next race :thumb:

• Alex Guehennec

Cool race again
Very nice track, pleasure on it

Start 5 then was 3rd after corner 4, hited by Lee corner 7 (don't know what you did here ), also broken wing and suspension. Pit stop lap1 for repair the wing then go out 30sec later from the last lol
Try to do not mistakes then was 4 before fuel stop, and 5th after, behind Jens
Then 14 laps to try to catch him but we were on same rythm also difficult
Last lap Mark was behind to take me 1lap and corner 11 I decrease accelerate for let him pass (extremly stupid from me to do that here...) and broken his wing, and destroy my car in same time. Fortunatly without problem for him cause he was very in advance. Sorry about that Mark

Extremly close for Rob and Patrick, if somebody have a replay for see your race it could be cool plz

Grats to you guys it was a very high level I find (Mark on an other planet), and hope see you next

ps: sorry Patrick for have destroy the Ferrari lol

Wow what a race.
Quallified 2nd and was very happy .

Got a reasonably good start but in turn 3 i had to avoid a car so lost a couple of places there but kept my head down.
Pitted on lap 10 then the chase was on to catch pat and what a chase it was .
He made a couple of spins which ment i caught him up and then got past him as he spun i think , that was about 8 or 9 laps from the end, then all the way home he was in my mirror , man it was tense lol.
I had to make some strong defence moves as i kept seing him try to get up the inside of me , but i wasnt gonna make it easy hahaha.
On the last bend he got right in my slipstream and managed to get along side me but i just got 2nd .
it was like 004 of a second between us at finnish. :second:
Very exciting end for me and pat , thanks m8 that was so much fun.
gratz mark on a fantastic win :thumb:
cheers guys

Well what a night. I had not driven the track before taking part in the praccy BUT I have to say it is fantastic with the F1 cars :)

OK my events of the evening....

Practice:

I found the track quite easy to learn, and after a few goes at trying to master some of the more tricky sections I found myself in P1 (1min 32.5xx)

Last time out in these at Monza gave me a good start to learn how to drive these cars and so it felt 100% easier tonight to get to grips with them.

Quali:

I went for a long 1st stint for my strategy (20laps) and managed P1 for the quali session with a fast Rob close behind.

Race:

Well the race was quite action packed for me with some hairy moments throughout the race.

The start went well, Pat got close to making a move at T1 but I managed to brake a little later and maintain the lead.

For the next 6 or 7 laps I managed to make a 6 sec gap or so to Pat and felt comfortable to carry on at that speed, then I hit a backmarker (almost literally ;)) (which is a point I will go into in a sec or at the end of this post) and then went off avoiding a collision....

Needless to say my lead went from 6secs to 1sec and so i had to do it all over again :(

I managed to regain some composure and start putting in some better laps and gradually got a bit of a lead again.

At some point in the next few laps it seemed Pat that you lost some speed cos the gap increased quite rapidly for a while and then you pitted. Did you have a problem?

I stayed out on my own for another 7 laps or so after you pitted and managed to get my head down and do soem fastest laps in the mean time. And that was weird cos I was on the last few laps of the tires before the pitstop and I found nearly a second with old tires hmmm...:)

So I came in for my poitstop now with 10 laps to go, and it all ran smoothly, but I was a little confused how my 10 sec lead or so went to a 30 sec lead ??? Some one must have made mistakes...

I just kept on pushing, almost getting to my praccy fastest lap in the race with hard tires :) (1min 33.1xx)

A few times I hit a curb a little to much and nearly spun but managed to keep it together...

...then on the last lap I almost lost the race :( I went to get some slipstream from a backmarker and he put his brakes on infronty of me to let me by :( needless to say I hit right into the back of him and luckily the car kept going :) I had no front wing but that was ok cos I had just 1 corner to go before the end of the race :)

That leads me to say (just as a nice thing) that I think the backmarkers had the correct thinking and that is to let the faster guy through BUT I think the other thing is to notice the difference in speeds when you lift off or brake to let them passed as the closing speeds can be deadly. Maybe all that needs to be said is to make sure it is at a slower point in the track that you let them passed, or at the next corner just take the outside line as to allow the leaders to take the normal line, thus preventing any possible accidents from happening. And from when i was go karting I found that it is better to allow those faster people to make the pass but giving some help of course, but just dont do anything too drastic in changes of direction or speed and this will allow for a incident free race.

Anyway enough bullshit from me lol, all in all it was a fantastic race night and I was gald to be a part of it, grats to all those that finished, and grats to Rob and Pat for making a bit of a race out of it :) nice driving there guys, I watched the replay of the end battle and it looked intense :):)

Cant wait for next time :) and hopefully some of the more regular people have not made any other plans for the evening and we can have a larger grid for the remaining 3 races of the F1 calender :)

See you all next time and until then, goodbye :):)

guess i need to start practicing these thingies. crashed in every race so far but
been just hopping into server, late, and done practice there so what can u expect lol.

anyhow, damn u guys go fast. but then again, i have spyker ;P

• Lee Clifford

Cool race again
Very nice track, pleasure on it

Start 5 then was 3rd after corner 4, hited by Lee corner 7 (don't know what you did here ), also broken wing and suspension. Pit stop lap1 for repair the wing then go out 30sec later from the last lol
Try to do not mistakes then was 4 before fuel stop, and 5th after, behind Jens
Then 14 laps to try to catch him but we were on same rythm also difficult
Last lap Mark was behind to take me 1lap and corner 11 I decrease accelerate for let him pass (extremly stupid from me to do that here...) and broken his wing, and destroy my car in same time. Fortunatly without problem for him cause he was very in advance. Sorry about that Mark

Extremly close for Rob and Patrick, if somebody have a replay for see your race it could be cool plz

Grats to you guys it was a very high level I find (Mark on an other planet), and hope see you next

ps: sorry Patrick for have destroy the Ferrari lol

Really Sorry for that incedent Alex,100% my fault that 1 mate,just managed not to brake for that corner!!Did actualy try to avoid you although it was proberbly too late at that point!Good race apart from that although i crashed out on Lap 17!Cya all again soon :thumb:

• Alex Guehennec

np Lee, I did one nice mistake into Mark last lap too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%