rF2 F1 MMG @ Fuji 12 october 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another note for new F1 drivers here; the mod is running on the so called Parc Ferme rule.

Once you did a lap in qualify you will not be able to change much on your setup (loading/fuel/most of the options).
So in qualify decide your starting setup/fuel amount for the race before you hit the track.

That was great fun, Learnt how much throttle I should use (or not as the case maybe) as I must of spun about 40-50 times. Grats to Robert as well.
Can't do next week as i'm in London but I look forward to the Brazil race. :)
Also will these race carry on during F1 off season?

Great racing as usual.

Start of the night was not good at all. Too tired to get fast laptimes, so I worked more on the Race setup.
The qualify was initially good, did a good lap. But in the end I wanted to be faster which I did for half a lap, but downshifted one gear to much resulting in a spin.. bad luck.
Anyway 3rd on the grid was good anyway.

The race started well. I tried to drive a wide line to avoid mayhem. There was no mayhem :) but still got good position in the race.
After a while the great battle with Jamie started. Lap after lap fighting and touring car style racing :) We tried to overrule the non-WTCC race we had together, some months ago.
Unfortunately Jamie spun and I was able to close the gap with Rob.
Rob did his pitstop 5 laps before my plan and I was on a good strategy to stay 1st. But I braked too early in the pits and also forgot to throttle when the pitstop was finished. Maybe lost 1-3 seconds. So I came in exactly the same distance behind Rob back on track.
Could close the gap but then my big mistake happened. Spun in the last corner because I think I shifted to 1st and thought it was 2nd. Too much wheelspin and gone.
Could recover and did some qualify laps after but the race was lost until Rob would make a mistake, which he didn't.

Very well done Rob, nice victory. I'm still pleased with the next podium spot.

See ya on track guys, thanks for racing.

Qualified on p4. Start was not so good, was a bit to carefull :pound:hold p4. Then close racing with top 4. Tryed not to lose the top 3 from eyes :D. Then Jamie spun and I was on p3 :D. Could not go the pace of Ramon and lost 12sec to him. Then stupid me was playing around with pitstop settings and add a little extra fuel :doh: (on straight), lost concentration a bit and in next courner I went to hard on curbs and spun:doh::doh::doh: . This beast don't forgive mistakes, lol . Then my pitstop in lap 20. Then tryed to hold my pace and to drive my baby home, as rob and ramon was already 25sec away. Finaly a podium on p3 for me :D. Thanks for racing all tonight, see you all next event :thumb:

Race Resluts:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 235
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 254
Well lets forget this 1 :D Practice was good and we where all very close .
I couldnt get a fast lap in qually and had to start from 5th. Start was very nice and could move up to 3rd after the first corner. Then i was right in Rob's tail and wanted to make a move outside but i braked to late and had to go off track to avoid him. 6th at that point and was pushing to get back!
Well i pushed to hard and spun in second lap and in some more laps after that.
I lost concentration and was driving a lonley race with a stop and go for speeding in pitlane :cool: 5th in the end thx to the mistake Simon made :D
Grats to Rob for another win and great racing in front guys.
Thx for the fun and cu in China :thumb:

• Gonzalo Diez

My car temp became too high, and the motor stopped :( .
I make better jobs on touring cars like wtcc, f1 its too difficult for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back