F1: Mid-Season Driver Rankings Part Three

hugely biased article by someone who is clearly a raging Ricciardo fanboy. anyone who thinks Ricciardo's pole lap that's mentioned in this article is the single greatest lap of all time must have been watching Formula 1 for about 6 months total.

this tells the real story: http://grandprixrankings.com/gp-compare/2016-all/

despite Ricciardo finishing 2 more races than Verstappen - and let's not forget Verstappen has not been driving for Red Bull the whole season too - their average finishing position is about the same, Verstappen has 1 win and Ricciardo doesn't, Verstappen also has 1 more podium finish than Ricciardo. if you look at 'race performance' Ricciardo is at around 85% and Verstappen at around 106%.

clearly Verstappen should be 1st on the list, if you're talking about who has achieved the most this season.

Yeah, Verstappen had a heap of luck in the first half of the season and Ricciardo a heap of bad luck but now that the luck seems to be leveling out we can see Ricciardo starting to grind Max out of the "golden child" status many adorned him with.

Fact is, Max crashed into his team mate in Australia, crashed 3 times in Monaco, crashed into Raikkonen in Hungary due to a late move, crashed into Rosberg due to moving under brakes in Germany, and crashed into Raikkonen and also hit Perez off in Belgium. He is the new "crash kid".

Just a quick shout out to the author of the driver rankings - great work on putting them together, appreciate your effort.

DR has done remarkably well in the last four races; three 2nd places since hockenheim. Best possible performances behind the untouchable merc.
Got to hand it to the kid, driver of the year so far.

Wasn't expecting Ricciardo at number one, I thought Hamilton overturning Rosberg's lead would have given him number one but I'm happy with that ranking. I agree that Ricciardo is the fastest over a single lap. Would have put Verstappen ahead of Vettel. I don't think Vettel has had that good a season, despite the fact the could have won two races already if Ferrari didn't mess up their strategies.

:whistling:

You hate Vettel, don´t you? It happens to the english and the spanish a lot LOL

He´s doing a good season, 6 podiums, and a lot of reliability issues, if not he´d be far infront of Ricciardo.

Humm, by the way you post about him...you don´t seem to quite like him, but it´s obvioulsy a right that assists you...i just ask myself why so many people dislike him, when he is actually a nice guy.

Humm, by the way you post about him...you don´t seem to quite like him, but it´s obvioulsy a right that assists you...i just ask myself why so many people dislike him, when he is actually a nice guy.

People dislike him because of his "dominance" from 2010-2013 (when he only dominated two seasons).

I like the guy, but I will be brutally honest when I don't think people do as well as they should. I blame Raikkonen for not actually pushing him like Max pushes Ricciardo or vice versa

Also I didn't attack him that badly, and if I review what I said, I think Vettel has been better than Max in recent races

People dislike him because of his "dominance" from 2010-2013 (when he only dominated two seasons).

I like the guy, but I will be brutally honest when I don't think people do as well as they should. I blame Raikkonen for not actually pushing him like Max pushes Ricciardo or vice versa

Also I didn't attack him that badly, and if I review what I said, I think Vettel has been better than Max in recent races

Agree with that is dominance wasn´t 4 years.

Kimi won´t push Vettel because he´s not very regular himself, never wasn´t but he´s not doing bad this year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back