rF2 F1 @ Melbourne - Sunday 15 March 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's room for one more, sign me up.

I'm having a hard time taming these beasts, but I'm up for the challenge.. Ramon doing 1.27 made me feel like a limpin cow though, so if anyone has some setup-tips I would be very thankful.. :worship:

Tip for drivers new to F1: Watch your mirrors very carefuly and DON'T make strange moves. The guy behind you is probably much faster and knows exactly at which point to pass. When you do strange/tricky manouvres in trying to let him pass you will probably both crash.

Please keep in mind, Sunday is a practice/test event. I am willing to help others in mastering those beast, hopefully other more experienced drivers can help also.
Setup is available while ingame, but not really necessary. I can reach at least 1.28 with default setup. It all depends on track knowledge, be familiar with the speed and stopping power of F1 and try to master it.

Another TIP: in the upgrades check out your desired settings like tire compound, but also there is a TC (Traction Control) level which is on 1 default. Maybe another setting suits you better.

Damage is set on 50% like adviced in the mods readme. The cars can touch a bit without hurting, but more heavy impacts will be punished.

As usual we allow auto-gears, maybe that could help you driving them or get it going from the beginning.

Back shifting is both easy but could also be tricky. With F1 you can downshift very fast while braking at the same time. Normally I can do this to 3rd gear without problems. 2nd Gear will probably make your car a bit unstable so make sure your speed is not too high while shifting all the way to 2nd gear.

Good luck.

Also if anyone is struggling .
Go to vehicles and then choose the car you would like to be racing and then click on Upgrades. Then Go down to traction control and buy the 7th level(if no 7th buy the 6th version)this will obviously give you better Grip, so you should enjoy it more.

Also if anyone is struggling .
Go to vehicles and then choose the car you would like to be racing and then click on Upgrades. Then Go down to traction control and buy the 7th level(if no 7th buy the 6th version)this will obviously give you better Grip, so you should enjoy it more.

We don't allow traction control though do we - so surely that wont make any difference.

The mod has default TC; because TC was allowed in 2007 :)
I think this is seperate from the TC server option.

For example the F1 1988 mod or Cart is much harder to drive because of the lack of TC.

Hansi

It's done that to me before. I don't know the actual reason but to solve it
Click on the x in the r factor lobby and then click on the refresh sign.
The server should then come up and then type in the password.(typing in the new password?)

Hansi

It's done that to me before. I don't know the actual reason but to solve it
Click on the x in the r factor lobby and then click on the refresh sign.
The server should then come up and then type in the password.(typing in the new password?)

I have the same problem. I tried your advice but it didn't help. I can't join any server. Geez. Ok i get it. Tried new password and i can join :)

Having problems loading mesh with the circuit. done some tests around monaco just now...boy what a mod... i've had it installed for a while but not tried it before now.

popping to shops first then will see if i can fix this map. any pointers greatly appreciated. :)

btw do we have a list of who is driving what so we can get a good mix? I'm split between the williams (rosberg), honda(button), torro rosso(vettel) in that order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back