F1 2010 F1 is far more complex?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Erm, seriously. I find those button on their steering wheel intimidating. lol

There's so many switches and dials and feel that wouldn't it be cool if everything is simulated?

I mean for flight sim, we have to deal with all the dial and switch. I see the real F1 driver fondle with those knobs and button.

But seriously what do those thing do?

So far, we've only know that F1 is about Accelerating, Braking and Turning. But i'm sure there's far more to it!

Anyone has any experience to share what those are?

Don't know all of them:
- radio button to talk to the engineer
- brake balance button
- reset button in case you have an engine error
- reverse gear as well i believe

I also miss those advanced options in this game.

I'm sure I heard that one of this years teams run a steering wheel with seven paddles on the back (I think I'm probably wrong though). As far as I know, all the current F1 cars have at least four paddles*, two for changing gears and two for the clutch. With the Mercedes it'll be at least five with the "magic paddle latch" and I'm guessing there will be several other teams that have use a paddle to activate the D.R.S. (rather than yet another button on the "face" of the wheel).

*I think it's actually at least six. Four for gears i.e. regular up and down shifts on two of the four paddles and up and down shifts using a different engine map on the second set of paddles.

LOOOL...

You bet F1 is more complex, but the main problem is not the huge set of buttons but the physics.

Real F1 drivers (or any car drivers) have to face terrestrial physics unlike F12010 players which drive under some alternative universe (brakes align the cars toward the track after spin at 300 km/h = LOL)

It's fun to read threads like this.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing