F1 In Greece ?

Masterplan-2014.jpg

There is a growing number of countries that build tracks capable of hosting an F1 race. The problem is whether they can afford it or not. One such example, that Ecclestone is probably considering, is Greece. The ''Mediterranean Grand Prix'' as it would be called, is to be located in Drapetsona. F1 and Greece should be able to create a very strong brand, but the question is, are there enough funds for such a bold move? What is you opinion on this ? Would you like to see an F1 race in Greece, or somewhere else( and where ) ?

Nice looking circuit, I especially love the quick speedy back section :thumbsup:

I suppose this would be cool, but I would rather see F1 return to Zandvoort in the Netherlands and somewhere in France as well before expanding elsewhere. :cool:

Yeah, let's get to race in a new venue for about 1-2 years, then leave that track to rot and decay...

Bernie's great strategy lately. What is amusing that local authorities fall into this foolish mistake easily...

I hope Greece will not fall into the same trap. Of course i would be happier if they can host a GP properly for many years with such a new track.

If Greece dares to build a circuit and invest millions in it I'll personally come to Greece to take back the gazillion Euros they still owe the EU member states for saving them.

Jeez, speaking of getting your priorities right when you are X gazillion in debt.

If Greece dares to build a circuit and invest millions in it I'll personally come to Greece to take back the gazillion Euros they still owe the EU member states for saving them.

Jeez, speaking of getting your priorities right when you are X gazillion in debt.
Don't worry about that mate, all the funding for the creation of the track, stands e.t.c is to be paid by a private company and various sponsors (I cannot recall who they are right now though). The problem is that it would cost dozens of millions to host the GP and that raises the question if the money generated by this expedition would outweigh the money spent year in year out. Because we might as well see another Turkey-GP like outcome.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back