F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Lance Stroll

it has a bit of talent but not good for F1

ok he got a podium on Baku... so what
kimi ocon perez bottas(he got 2nd but anyway) were in bad day

hamilton and vettel droped from 1-2 to 4-5 because of that penalty and that part wasnt fitted in lewis car

as i told he has talent but caming from f3 to f1 wasnt good for him (not everyone is verstappen) and he should be demoted to at least f2 (wich will not happen because of moneys)

A give him 5. A very slow start for him but got into a roll following points finish in canada then a podium, but he is no verstappen. And it's hard to remove that pay to drive with less talent tag.

Di Resta didn't finish due to technical issues so you clearly aren't clued in, but, fair enough, he was behind, but not bad for someone who had only 5 or so laps in the car before the race.
He was brought in with less than 10 laps to go to save the car, and he was indeed 50 seconds behind at that point. If anything, if he had actually finished, the gap would've been bigger.

And that's still bad for a standin.

When I was 18 I was still growing into my body. Muscle development was still happening as were girls, girls, girls. Look guys and gals, this is a 18 year old son of a billionaire who could be relaxing on daddy's yacht but instead he is trying to make a go of it in a very dangerous sport that taxes the best of them physically.
F1 is expensive and there are plenty of drivers that carry massive sponsorship or massive bank accounts. It's just the reality of F1 and most upper level motorsports. So get past that and remember please that the kid won in F3 and earned a super-licence on merit NOT on the size of daddy's wallet.
As has been pointed out it is not a good car and this new car is a huge step from F3 in every way. He's humble, listens to others and does not make excuses.

Being the only real rookie on the grid, although I would also put in Vandoorne, and jumping straight from F3, he is doing a good job. However, when it comes to career decisions, if he blows his chance this year he might be gone from Formula 1, which is a shame since he did decisively win F3 and seems to have some talent. I just feel like his dad shoving him up to F1 is not the best move. He should've had a year at least in F2 to prepare himself for formula 1. Regardless, his first races were strewn with crashes, most of them his fault, while lately he has been matching Massa, who has also improved since 2016.

For results I would give a 5, but if we count in the fact he is a rookie then 7.

6. It's hard to tell how good he is at this point. The talent is obvious and let's not forget that he has won in every series he's competed in. It was a tough beginning, but this year's cars are harder to drive. Plus, this year's Williams chassis is crap, without the Merc engine, they'd be fighting with Sauber. I'd wait until the end of the season, at least, to see how good he is, but it was a mistake to promote him to F1 at 18. He should have done one (two?) season in GP2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%