F1 Half Term Report: Rate the Grid - Daniil Kvyat

Vandoorne was mediocre in Super Formula too and look where it got hi--

oh wait he's terrible too

I wouldn't say Vandoorne is terrible, he's in the tough spot of being both in a team that is easily overshadowed by others and having a teammate that will always overshadow him. Tough to make an impression as a rookie in such a situation.

I don't think his demotion "ruined" anything - he earned that demotion and hasn't really overcome the attitude or behavior that led to it. He continues to repeat the same mistakes. I don't dislike him, but neither do I think he's been treated unfairly.

I was about to write the same. He was already overdring the RB car and hitting people, although he did a podium last season. I'll be surprised if he has a seat in 2018 at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is taken before 2018 by someone else.
Bye Kvyat, nice knowing you.

I chose to give Daniil a 4. Poor guy. :( He can match Sainz in quali, but on race day, it is a completely different story. The points the two of these guys have scored so far tell nearly the whole story, I'm afraid. He's been unlucky at times, granted, but that does not really take away from Sainz's overall superiority on race days, imo.

Look guys, I know Red Bull's instant promotion of Max Verstappen has been undeniably perfect, but just think... Daniil had scored podiums for Red Bull. Just like Verstappen! Verstappen won, yes. However, I feel that there's no reason why Daniil could not have done the same, tbh! I wish he could have at least seen through the 2016 season to the end with Red Bull. AT LEAST.
Just a thought.

Clearly, he has not been the same since then. Despite his recent performances, though, I still consider myself a fan of his. :)

I was about to write the same. He was already overdring the RB car and hitting people, although he did a podium last season. I'll be surprised if he has a seat in 2018 at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is taken before 2018 by someone else.
Bye Kvyat, nice knowing you.

Sadly, what you are saying about him being gone next year seems increasingly true with every passing race.

It's a shame, because I truly thought he had what it took to mingle with the best back in 2014.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 41 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%