1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Guess the Top 10 Game

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Nick Schneider, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I have been lurking the forums for a while and created an account to be ready for F1 2012. I wanted to introduce a game I play over at the F1 management game GPRO.net. The game has a lot of interest over there and I thought it would catch on well here. Here is the basic rules of the game.

Before the Grand Prix starts every Sunday you basically try to predict the drivers you believe will place in the top 10 for that race. You get get points based on the position the drivers finished and the difference in the results compared to what you predicted.

Example of top 3 for sample purposes: You predict:
    1. Jenson Button
    2. Fernando Alonso
    3. Sebastian Vettel

but the result is:
    1. Fernando Alonso
    2. Vettel
    3. Button

The top 10 finishers are allotted 10-1 point respectively and 10-1 point in the difference of zero positions to 9 positions:

Example from above:
    1. Alonso (=10pts for 1st x 9pts for finishing 1 position ahead. 90pts total)
    2. Vettel (=9pts for 2nd x 9pts for finishing 1 position ahead. 81pts total)
    3. Button (=8pts for 3rd x 8pts for finishing 2 position lower. 64pts total)

I will track all the stats for this game in a google spreadsheet for some friendly competition in the remaining races we have left.

If you would like to take part, please post the names of the drivers you believe will finish in the top 10. I will update the thread as soon as all scores are in. Enjoy and if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

1. Nick Schneider
    2. Bram Hengeveld
    3. Omer Said
    4. Markus Neumann
    5. Alexander Macdonald
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I am in for this. We used to do this with Omer before, excellent.
  3. Wow after not seeing any response I thought there would be no interest. Right now there is two of us and hopefully a bunch more will join.
  4. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Wow, how did i miss it!?! :O_o:

Great idea Nick! I'm in :)

My top 10 for Singapore:
    1. F. Alonso
    2. K. Kobayashi
    3. J. Button
    4. N. Rosberg
    5. M. Schumacher
    6. M. Webber
    7. P. di Resta
    8. B. Senna
    9. K. Raikkonen
    10. F. Massa
  5. I was just reluctant to join in because the last time we did this we just stopped doing it soon...

1. Alonso
    2. Vettel
    3. Raikkonen
    4. Webber
    5. Schumacher
    6. Button
    7. Massa
    8. Rosberg
    9. Senna
    10. Hulkenberg
  6. Thanks guys, I'm locking your positions in now!
  7. I'm in

It would appear people aren't confident of Hamilton Finishing

1. Hamilton
    2. Button
    3. Alonso
    4. Vettel
    5. Raikonnen
    6. Webber
    7. Grosjean
    8. Perez
    9. Di Resta
    10. Kobayashi
  8. Hamilton retired in Germany, won Hungary, retired in Spa, won Monza, guess what's next? :D
  9. Omer Said

Omer Said

Afaik, Ross Balfour who started the game you mention had a very busy summer and he is away from the forum right now.

I believe this game will last till the end of season :thumbsup:
  10. That's the goal and then even the 2013 season hopefully. And Alexander your positions are put on the sheet now.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Omer Said

Omer Said

It seems Alexander has a very big chance of good points today.

No other participants? Come one folks, just pick 10 drivers, not that hard :thumbsup:
  12. 1. Vettel
    2. Hamilton
    3. Maldonado
    4. Alonso
    5. Button
    6. Webber
    7. Grosjean
    8. Hulkenberg
    9. Rosberg
    10. Di Resta
  13. 1.Vettel
  14. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

My Top 10 for Singapore

1. Vettel
    2. Button
    3. Webber
    4. Alonso
    5. Grosjean
    6. Rosberg
    7. Schumacher
    8. Raikkonen
    9. Massa
    10. Hulkenberg

Because I'm thinking that with Lewis and Maldonado so close they won't be able to keep it up throughout the race without coming together at some point... Button or Vettel will pick up the win if this happens. lol
  15. Pretty good participation for the first race of this game. Standings will be updated and posted sometime on Monday when I have time
  16. Uh so we can make predictions as late as after qualifying? Because that's kind of pointless.