F1: 'Grosjean is Champion Material'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Eric Boullier, the Renault team principal, yesterday announced that his driver - Roman Grosjean - is worthy of becoming the next F1 Driver World Champion.

The Guardian has reported that the team principal has put behind him what happened last year. To name a few - Spa, Monaco, Australia, China. Eric Boullier believes that Grosjean could be our next Champion. Setting a blistering time at Barcelona on day two yesterday, yet despite his 50-1 odd's of becoming the next Champion - Eric is Grosjean's number one fan right now.

The Gaurdian quoted Boullier saying the following:

"I believe Romain can become world champion. That's why we kept him. Because we believe he's got the talent. He's definitely got the speed. The new Romain is a very different to the one three months ago. He's much more focused. He's not wasting any energy, any time on the useless things F1 can create. He is also one of the few drivers who has won every championship he has entered. Lewis Hamilton achieved it, and so did Nico Hülkenberg. But Vettel has not. I'm sorry."

Although the Lotus driver had a collection of podiums last year, they are far from as memorable as his 7 - crashes . Once dismissed as a "First Lap Nutcase" by RedBull's Mark Webber, Grosjean received a ban for his antics at Spa in 2012 (See video below)

[youtube]

Delight spread across Eric Boullier's face as a matter of hours after his claim, Grosjean set the pace at Day Two of testing at Barcelona.

Do you think Grosjean could become the next F1 Champion?

[source: Guardian]
View the Post on the Blog

He is a bit rough on the edges but think that Lotus made a great decision in keeping him next to the iceman.

He has the speed for sure, but he ain't the only one though :)

He is a bit rough on the edges but think that Lotus made a great decision in keeping him next to the iceman.

He has the speed for sure, but he ain't the only one though :)
Yeah I agree with you guys, he has speed. He just needs to be more aware of his surroundings. Although I do remember him quoting Senna once "If there is a gap, you go for it. It's not racing if you don't"

Fingers crossed his 2013 season is better for him :)

As a French, it would be nice to get a new Prost again... ;-)
In history and to relate to Grosgean, The red Baron Manfred von Richttofen and Guynemer during the WW1 were both plane wreckers in their early years before to become the greatest aces of WWI... I hope Grosjean have the same career (without the death at the end)...

ummm disagree on ALL aspects of him.

I had high hopes since Melbourne 2012, then in Valencia he had a shot, but when SPA came, he lost all my respect and hopes, he almost murdered Alonso, so as talented as he might be in a balanced car, MY final answer is no. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 219 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%