F1: German GP Cut From 2015 Schedule

The teams disappear, the established GPs (France a couple of years ago, Germany, Monza also not as safe as it'd like to be apparently) as well. But thank god they keep on racing in the Asian countries where F1 has such a large fanbase. It's not like you can basically count the audience on the TV screen there (Japan excluded).

Not really surprised about the development concerning the German GP though. Insanely high costs for tickets which keep the fans at home, combined with the idiotic/expensive redesign of the Hockenheimring in 2001 & the attempt to turn the Nürburgring into a theme park make it difficult to make such an event profitable. Not to forget the money that has to be paid to Mr. Ecclestone.

The way things currently go I wouldn't be surprised if F1 is gone in a few years.

Last edited:
While I'm not German, nor do I have any particular affiliation with Germany, this is f'in insane! While I can acknowledge that the heart of racing was once GB, Germany is, in my opinion, undoubtedly the modern home to racing.

With Mercedes, Rosberg being a main title contender and Vettel among the candidates for a possible title, provided Ferrari get quicker, this is ridiculous. Next up, Silverstone? Monza? Spa!?

While I'm not German, nor do I have any particular affiliation with Germany, this is f'in insane! While I can acknowledge that the heart of racing was once GB, Germany is, in my opinion, undoubtedly the modern home to racing.

With Mercedes, Rosberg being a main title contender and Vettel among the candidates for a possible title, provided Ferrari get quicker, this is ridiculous. Next up, Silverstone? Monza? Spa!?
Totally agree. Germany right now is producing the best cars in the world, they're
both technologically and aesthetically ahead of everyone. It is weird that
there will be a race in Bahrain for instance and not there.

France, German, Imola all should be on the F1 calendar. the history all those tracks have with F1. its hard to believe F1 has turned its back on them, the tracks that were some of the oldest and most iconic on the f1 calendar. dropped for over priced boring tracks like Bahrain, Valencia, Istanbul, Sepang, Sochi. the list goes on and on and then there the fact iconic tracks like siverstone, spa, Hockenheimring have been wrecked by F1.

The nails keep going in that coffin lid, when the hell is someone going to get a crow bar and start prising the damn lid open again?, right now it's almost nailed shut and ready for Cremation! :mad:

F1 is in complete disarray and has been for a while due to Ecclestone and the FIA, they make rules up as they go along, for example allowing Teams to use last years cars, then Teams not racing, tracks not being finalised, Crappy cars that sound like my Electrolux Hoover, Ecclestone, Ecclestone & of course Ecclestone :mad:

I personally don't care if there's a race in Germany or not, but I'd much rather watch a race in Hockenheim than the utter snoozefest of a race which is Monaco. Bernie should stop giving Monaco the race for free and hand it to Hockenheim or Nurburgring instead imo.

I don't think they should get rid of Monaco, it's like the heart and soul of F1.

Whether or not it should count towards the championship is a completely different matter.
Maybe they should use some kind of spec car for it, too. ;)

Maybe they should use some kind of spec car for it, too. ;)
They do, in a degree. They prepare very high downforce aero kits just for Monaco. I don't think they use them anywhere else (MAYBE Singapore, but those two races are so far apart, that I think during that time the cars get developed too much to use a Monaco aero package).
Until last year they also used very short gearbox ratios, because of the lack of any real straights.

Yes but I was thinking something completely different. Like a small FR3.5 car with more power or simething. As it would not count towards the standings they could turn this into a fun event.

Now that Top Gear seems to be closing the shop I think FIA should steal their "Star in a reasonably priced car" concept and send the F1 drivers around Monaco in a Suzuki Liana each, now THAT would be entertaining to watch! :)

Monaco isn't a "RACE" in any way, shape or form, it's a complete waste of engines, money, chassis, fuel, parts and time, of course if does pay for Ecclestones Daughters Wedding etc so it ain't gonna get cancelled any time soon!

Monaco isn't a "RACE" in any way, shape or form, it's a complete waste of engines, money, chassis, fuel, parts and time, of course if does pay for Ecclestones Daughters Wedding etc so it ain't gonna get cancelled any time soon!
You are not the only one who thinks that, but if the race gets cancelled we will be crying again. I speak generally, it is not something personal.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back