F1 Fans Use

Hi Kristiann,

I think the best way to have competition of the AI is to lessen our grip. As a test, I took your mod and only track breaking point of ACE and remove 10% grip on the tarmac and 15% concret in the file surface_material. Now I'm not 2-3 seconds faster of all. I have to compensate by increasing the downforce therefore slower in straight line. The AI are more competitive like that.
by the way it's only a test.

Hi Kristiann,

I think the best way to have competition of the AI is to lessen our grip. As a test, I took your mod and only track breaking point of ACE and remove 10% grip on the tarmac and 15% concret in the file surface_material. Now I'm not 2-3 seconds faster of all. I have to compensate by increasing the downforce therefore slower in straight line. The AI are more competitive like that.

It makes the game completely unstable and we cannot keep up with the AI pace
Also it raises the corruption of game saves

Test result,
Can not play the file with lan surface_material changed. But I took the file and use F1 Fan somefile track of Ace. WOW, the AI is really fast.

a very good job do not let go

Hi Kristiann,

Well I don't think you have too much grip. The grip is just right. The problem is the too high downforce and the too much power of the cars. They accelerate a lot LOT faster than in real life and their downforce is a lot LOT bigger than in real life. That's the problem. The tire grip is perfect. When changing it, your car will only slide more. Not only of course, but it will start sliding very stupidly. Although if I don't get any other ideas, I might run to this. But I have a problem - I can't open the surface_material file. I tried with 3 convertors and none of them did the work. :/

It makes the game completely unstable and we cannot keep up with the AI pace
Also it raises the corruption of game saves

It has nothing to do with the save games. It is some kind of a solution but the problem is that you'll have to change files every time you want to go online.

Did you observed any out of sight behavior???

Well as you are using my files, there is out of sight bug. No matter of the grip, the out of sight bug will be the same. Anyways, the difference will be very little so it doesn't matter.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%