F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Team - AMG Mercedes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Rate the Team - Mercedes.jpg

2018 Drivers and Constructors World Champions - we invite you to rate the season of the dominant Mercedes AMG Formula One team...

Despite showing signs of less overall dominance than previous seasons, Mercedes still produced an incredible Formula One car in 2017, doing enough to lift Lewis Hamilton into the rarified heights of four time World Champion and giving the Brackley based team their fourth consecutive Constructors World Championship success.

Taking victory spoils in over half the races last season (11 in total), it would be very difficult for anyone to say that the Mercedes of 2017 wasn't the best overall package in Grand Prix racing - but exactly how good was the W07 Hybrid?

Vote now to tell us how you rate 2017 Formula One season for Mercedes, and leave a comment below!

For more from the world of Formula One, check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved with our awesome community..

Rate the Team - Mercedes 2.jpg
Rate the Team - Mercedes 3.jpg
Rate the Team - Mercedes 4.jpg

A class act. True deserving champions, the complete package.

They've got some stiff competition next year, the fez and red bulls will return, and in greater numbers.

Hamilton is the real deal and Valteiri has been a great number 2 driver. He's also snuck a few wins, more than I expected so Lewis is going to work hard if he wants to beat him next season.

10, of course. They've been the best for the last four years and they're not showing any signs of weakness. The 2017 may have been a "diva", according to them, but it was still the fastest car out there. They have one of the best drivers in the world in Lewis Hamilton, Bottas is a good supporting player... Obviously, we all hope that in 2018, at least one team can finally challenge Mercedes. But as of now, they're at the top. Congratulations to them. They deserve it.

Got to be a ten hasn't it?

The car needed a little work at the beginning of the year and like it's predecessors it's not keen stuck in the midfield (it's aero just seems to suffer more than some others).

However they just got stronger and stronger as the year went on, pretty much left the rest of the field scratching their heads wondering what on earth they have to do to beat this team.

A great car, great team, well deserved :)

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
Im always comparing to their own performance. Which is a bit unfair since the last cars were pure dominance.
They got slower while others got faster in the main scheme. Ferrari managed to work their way up, which is more impressive to me than to build a less good car compared to previous ones and the ones of competitors.
As other teams catched up, other teams seem to have done a better job, even if they were slower ultimately. Still Mercedes was superb, therefore a rating of 9

Have to give mercedes 10, don't think they were perfect, but as close as it gets, also it has to make sense since I gave ferrari 9 and red bull 8.

Mercedes only had a headrest problem which cost a few points to hamilton in baku and an engine failure for bottas in spain, and ofc a couple of penalties for replacing parts, overall were more reliable than ferrari, and ofc they were overall faster than ferrari, there were races where ferrari just couldn't keep up, like monza, abu dhabi, spain, canada, silverstone and others where ferrari were closer but couldn't get past mercedes, like spa, suzuka or baku.

And there were also races where ferrari was just better, monaco, hungary, malaysia, singapore qualifying but in general mercedes was the most competitive.

They also had a better number 2 driver choice in bottas than raikkonen, hopefully ferrari and red bull will be able to bring more of a challenge but for now mercedes are still the team to beat.

Gave them a 10. They weren't as untouchable as they were 2014-2016 and actually held themselves fair with the Vettel/Ferrari combo and emerged as proper champs.

More reliable than Ferrari (especially by the runaway races) but described their own car as a diva, they managed to hold ground fairly quickly to smooth out the car.

It's not their fault F1 is boring for some. They did their homework.
Ferrari did help them by not maintaining form but they won the constructor's championship and drivers with races to spare and had an honourable moment of Lewis giving back a place to Valteri and risking drivers championship so anything less than a 9 and you're salty.

why-you-so-salty.jpg

Last edited:
Great chassis, superb aero efficiency and the best F1 engine.
The guys from Brackley have given to the drivers the best overall package, though not always completely exploited because of drivers faults.
Well deserved 10.

I don't really think they deserve a 10. I expected them to have the best car and win the championship and they did just that. A 10 exceeds expectations in my book, But I'll give them an 8 they did what people thought they would win both championships

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 45 10.1%
  • €3001-5000