F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Marcus Ericsson

Antonio Giovinazzi...... if ever there was a name born to drive Alfa Romeo, that is it.... albeit simply a branding exercise (not Alfa power..although Ferrari own Alfa...but then FIAT own Ferrari... but yeah anyway....ermmm where was I..)

Yeah get rid of the Swede and get the Italian in it....

Giovinazzi Giovinazzi, Primavera di bellezza :p
:whistling:

Agreed :thumbsup:

I gave him 1, because he really bad. On that Sauber Pascal scores five, FIVE(CARL) pts. I really don't know why he stay in F1. I think Swede investors give so much money:((
In the world everything is decided by money.

3. A few decent drives, but none great. Lots of poor ones. Unfortunately Sauber needs his money, or there's no Sauber. Wishful thinking maybe, but perhaps Alfa can change that.

"Swedish star Marcus Ericsson" - Is he really a star in Sweden? From here he looks like Ronnie Peterson without the speed, the charisma and the driving style.

I gave him a 4. He's not special, but it's not like he's Palmer or Chilton levels of slow. Sauber had three chances to score points all season. Spain, when they managed to get Wehrlein into the pits at the perfect time; Azerbaijan, where Sauber made Ericsson give 10th place to Wehrlein; and Mexico, where Ericsson should have scored points, but the VSC ruined the race for those drivers running a long first stint (of which he was one), and then his car broke down anyway. Apart from those races, Sauber haven't been close enough to the points. Him scoring no points is more down to the slowness of the car than himself.
Everyone forgets about the Mexico race where he did produce a good drive , although the people that point to Azerbajan forget that Wehrlien had better pace the whole race and I believe was dropped behind due to traffic issues and a dodgy pit stop. Other than that I completely agree and gave him a 4 too

The funny fact is that Ericsson is actually better than Wehrlein :D He's also better to work with while Wherein is more arrogant. And he brings a lot of money so it's not surprising Sauber picks him
Everyone seems to find Wehrlien very arrogant, I can't think of an example where he was- can you point to one for me( not disagreeing with your point)

I repeat: They don't need him. Longbow Finance SA, the owner of the team, is basically partially being owned by investors that fund Ericsson. Of course this gives them the control of who is driving for them, but since they can decide the future of the team they own, they might aswell fire him since he isn't contributing that much to it's future.

As I said, if they want a Super Swede, there actually exist some that are better than Ericsson.

Funny how apparently the (Swiss) headquarters of both Longbow and Tetra Pak Laval are like 3 kms away from each other in Lausanne... guess that makes communication easier.

I mean, I am no professional racer; by all means, even Ericsson can beat me in a real world race... so there is no denying he can race, but I am just surprised by the team's decision to keep him instead of Wehrlein. Guess money still talks in F1.

Probably the most under-rated driver on the grid.
I'm not an Ericsson'fan, but admit that he was equal (and sometimes better) than Wehrlein, he does the job, not more, not less. For me he deserves his seat and will probably beat his teamate for the first 5-6 gp next year...(we'll see later)
I rated him a 6/10 none that I found him a great driver, but, c'mon guys, he's much better than Palmer, and his car is a kind of neolitic'one ;)
@++

Best comment in this thread. He's not the best driver on the grid, but look at his intra-team results through his F1-career and you'll see his not that bad.

Last edited:
Best comment in this thread. He's not the best driver on the grid, but look at his intra-team results through his F1-career and you'll see his not that bad.

But who the hell is he? Who really knew he looked like that? I'm sure in the Merc he would be up at the front end as thats F1 for you, but in the world of branding and marketing the first thing is being noticed.
Its beyond simply talent and money. Its marketability. David Beckham was no where near the greatest football player but man he's the most famous...
I was more shocked that i'd never seen a pic of him.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back