F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Lewis Hamilton

As much as I dislike Hamilton as a person, he deserves the 10 from me. I was rooting for Vettel all season, but Hamilton really did out-do him on a great number of occasions. He made mistakes, just as Vettel did, but his mistakes were far less impactful to his title run, and led to his 4th WDC. Well deserved in my humble opinion.
On that note I hope Vettel beats him this year, but what fan doesn't want their favourite driver to win :D:D

And didn't fix his hair (as Hor-hay well spotted)
Why should hair matter? The annoyance of Helmet hair far outweighs the annoyance experienced by someone watching it happen lol

Oh and only just realised my Post is #44 #Blessed

Last edited:
I don’t really like that guy but you have to admit that he showed an impressive season. 9/10

Not everyone can but their personal feelings aside ...that's how it goes. Hate or love him fact remains he drove fast and smart when he needed too and still managed to have a fun and busy public social life....Don't think any of the other drivers would cope with the same busy social lifestyle and be on form.

Mercedes had the fastest car in quali and race car on some track but Ferrari no doubt had to fastest race car and consistent on most tracks. After the summer break he upped his game won 3 in a row Belgium, Italy & Singapore.Drove like a Boss when the track is wet.
Give him 1 or 10 don't make any difference to reality.

He's broken records won the 2017 championship and now a 4 time world champion.

On a serious note the 6.5% that voted 1 shouldn't be watching F1 and definitely shouldn't be sim racing. You'll just be angry all the time when things don't go your way.

Last edited:
Great driver, maybe even the best atm? Had a great year, but sometimes a bit 'fake'. I don't like the interviews he gives after a race... each time not answering the first question he gets and thanking the "best audience in the world" first. You don't have to do this EACH TIME... the audience is not there to here these words over and over and over again, but to see action and his genius on the track. And that was a bit missing after he got the WC and occasionally during the season. That's why I scored him a 9.

Hopefully Ferrari and Red Bull (Renault engine) can close the gap next year so it will be an even fight between Lewis, Sebastian, Daniel, Max... and who knows if McLaren can build a good car and Renault a good engine (finally)... Fernando. But... that will probably be wishful thinking again.

I'm a huge Hamilton guy, I think he's a real racer, fearless. I gave him an 8 because I've seen better from him. I almost think he had better performances against Nico, and if it weren't for Malaysia last year, I would have given him a 9 for last season.

As for the car, didn't Merc have to send some engineers over to Maranello to make it interesting this year? :p

As for the ratings of 1, Tifosi are sociopaths, almost completely disassociated with reality. Spare a thought for them. They're still adjusting to life after Brawn. (I just hope Ross isn't a bigger friend to them from up above than Max Mosley was...)

As for the ratings of 1, .)

I kind of understand the sentiment. Many won't be spiteful haters as such, just bored of a team and driver they're not a fan of not having as much competition as they'd like from drivers and teams that they are a fan of.

I was much the same during the Schumacher / Ferrari years and, to a lesser degree, the Red Bull years and the Senna / McLaren years.

I was bored of them winning, and that did make me slightly resentful of it.

Got to be a 10. He's really grown up the last couple of years (interesting that Toto Wolff came out and said all the inter-team friction was caused by Rosberg). Not had the best car all season, but took advantage when it counts, has not made many mistakes until after the title was won, and used his head to not take too many risks when he had a good points lead. Had a couple of off races, but they all have those. He utterly destroyed his well regarded team-mate after the summer break, and also everyone else on most occasions until the title was won.

Thoroughly well deserved WDC for probably one of the greatest of all time.

Opinions are plentiful and haters gonna hate, but here's mine...

I'm always baffled when certain people win races or championships, it's always the "it's the car" argument or something about his mannerisms/attitude/private life/style of dress/etc "hurts the sport", like these cars drive themselves, or this is some kind of elitist country club. I rarely ever hear these arguments with the likes of Schumacher, Mansell or Lauda for example, but it's always comes out in droves with Hamilton and, in the past, Senna. Not to mention, unlike sim racing (where people also have 'off days' mind you), real drivers also are subjected to rediculous amounts of G-forces and abuse, but are somehow expected to deliver the perfect race, the perfect season, every season...nonsense.

Lastly, name one year when all F1 cars were on equal footing...yet, not surprisingly, it never stopped people from praising Schumi, Prost, Mansell, etc as the greatest ever, when they also won their championships using the class of the field. What's good for the goose...

Lewis worked very hard to get where he is, he once again performed admirably over the course of the season and deserves a 10, or at the very least, a 9.

Totally agree with this guy, I think he deserves a 10. Not a foot wrong all season and showed true sportsmanship at Hungary, allowing Bottas back through like he said he would.

Totally agree with this guy, I think he deserves a 10. Not a foot wrong all season and showed true sportsmanship at Hungary, allowing Bottas back through like he said he would.

Good pt. At that juncture, Mercedes domination was not assured, those points could have been huge. Of course it didn't matter in the end b/c he went on a tear like you wouldn't believe coming off the break, but I've never seen a guy give a place back. If Bottas were just a little more threatening we might not see it again...

7. Clearly the best car and still struggled against a worse car (Ferrari) and a subpar driver (Bottas) quite some times
I'd say if anything for probably 3/4 of the season the Ferrari was the better package, you can visibly see how the Merc boys had to fight the car in their steering inputs, where the Ferrari just looked so planted and nimble. It didn't help that the car started the season overweight and as a result they couldn't use ballast to change the weight distribution. Monaco really showed the Mercedes weakness as Lewis and to a lesser degree Bottas had real difficulty getting any kind of decent qualy lap out of it let alone the race itself. Toto Wolff went as far as to call the car a "Diva". If you look at the season as a whole it was a power sensitive circuits where Ferrari got demolished (USA, Barcelona, Silverstone) and tracks like (Monaco, Melbourne) where Ferrari were stronger.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%