F1 End of Season Report: Rate the Grid - Kevin Magnussen

F1 relies on 5 or 6 personalities and 'stars' and the rest could simply be anyone.... these polls are making me understand that now.....
Who actually cares who is driving the HAAS cars? Do these drivers have fans?

There are much better and much more talented drivers than him, not getting any chance to drive in F1. I also would like to see one or two US drivers in the only US team in F1, but now they are driving with two Europeans, a Dane and a Frenchman. Both drivers don't seem to be able to make the Haas team better, but I cannot judge if that is their 'fault' or just Haas not being able to improve in general.

I've been watching F1 since about 1990 and the new team scenario always seems to be roughly the same. First year is usually way better than expected, the team is fresh, massive enthusiasm, etc. Second year is always much harder. If they survive that though the third year is usually a good one, unless the money runs out and I've seen that as well. It is very close in the midfield in the last few years as well.

In their current form they can score points but that's it. Unless you have a full factory support from somewhere it's very difficult to break into the top six. I suppose the only other thing that can help is tyre wars. Some tracks suit a brand better, etc.

As far as drivers go, it seems to me that budget constraints mean drivers have to bring large sums with them, no matter what. Also it may be a conscious decision by the team not to employ an American driver simply due to the immense pressure that driver will be under to perform. Ferrari for some time refused to employ an Italian driver for that very reason. They then relented and signed up Ivan Capelli and the poor guy had his career destroyed.

I think their best option is maybe to get an up and coming US driver rather than an established Indycar driver (for example). They could then let him/her have the time to learn and adapt. If they are a rookie, you expect mistakes, it's part of the journey.

Just my thoughts... :)

If he were in the Merc he could of been 2nd or 3rd in the WDC and got a few wins....
That says more about the Merc than K Mag...

Cueing for the next one, I give both Haas drivers a solid 4.
Both he and Grosjean need to improve or Haas will pitch them to the curb....and soon.
Kevin is also a bit too aggressive when being passed.
It's okay to defend, it's not okay to drive guys to the wall.

So many salty persons who can't move on from the "Hulkenberg" incident.
Apparently neither Magnussen himself moved on from his Hulkenberg incident though. It looked like it was something personal to me (as he had already complained about Hulkenberg before deciding to take the law into his own hands and just try to push Nico off the track). Feeling resentful 'cause Nico took our seat, are we?

I'm not saying that K-Mag needs to 'grow a pair' because he showed he already has some guts, but it's time to leave the personal stuff aside and to concentrate on racing instead of being childish and go after other drivers that way.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%