F1 2010 F1 doesnt start

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello guys!! this is what I get when I launch the game! any solution pleaaaaasee???

and.........Go McLaren!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

f1error.JPG

we need more info.

specs
if you have overclocked
have you tried starting from Computer > devices with storage (ie the disc )

Ciao Chris!. Well I always use my cd to play. I also tried safemode but didnt work. I did some disk cleaner, scan disk, defrag

These are my specs. Hope u can help me

Ciao!
Rafael

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)
System Manufacturer: CdcPointSpa
System Model: CX-7529
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3328MB RAM
Page File: 473MB used, 2695MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

it looks like the EXE file to start the game is corrupt, a quick and easy way to sort this could be to uninstall the game ( remember to NOT DELETE PROFILES) and reinstall, i always pin the desktop Icon TO..... oH HANG ON YOUR USING xp, get rid of the XP mate and get windows 7, less issues with dx 10 and 11.

The issue could be that it doesnt like XP and wants to run a higher setting, possibly. Anyway try the reinstall first then throw your XP out of the window and build a new one.

good luck

Loooong shot - but after looking at your spec, try forcing DX9 in your 'hardwaresettings.xml' file. Im pretty sure its located in 'My Docs' and wherever it is your profile/savegame for F1 is located. Backup and then edit the file in notepad changing the 'false' to 'true' for the DX9 setting.

Doubtful that is gonna solve it, but it wont do any harm. I cant see, on a clean install why the game wont actually start up. Crashes in the game can normally be sorted but not even launching on a vanilla install seems strange.

It could be pointing at a possible intermittant hardware failure. Are you running other games without problems? I know when I had a stick of RAM starting to go faulty, windows and certain games would work fine, but taxing it with other applications would cause instability.

Hi Paul! I found hardware settings config, hardware settings options, hardware settins ratings and hardware settings restriction in \Codemasters\F1 2010\system

This is the setting for In hardware setting config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<hardware_settings_config version="46" >

<cpu>
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="false" workerMapFile="system/workerMap.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="0" dvdStorageProcessor="0" dataSetMonitorProcessor="0" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="0" fileStreamProcessor="0"/>
</cpu>

<audio_card>
<audio mixing="rapture3D" reverbs="4" voices="100" />
</audio_card>

<graphics_card>
<directx forcedx9="true" />
<resolution width="800" height="600" aspect="normal" fullscreen="false" vsync="0" multisampling="2xmsaa" oldWidth ="800" oldHeight ="600">
<refreshRate rate="60" />
</resolution>
<gamma level="1.0" />
<textures lod="0" />
</graphics_card>

<graphics_detail level="medium" />
<shadows enabled="true" size="1024" maskQuality="1" />
<headlights headlightQuality="1" />
<particles enabled="true" wind="true" />
<crowd enabled="true" />
<cloth enabled="true" />
<postprocess enabled="true" blur="true" />
<groundcover mode="blended" clutter="true" />
<objects lod="1.0" maxlod="0" />
<trees lod="1.0" maxlod="0" />
<vehicles characterQuality="2" lodQuality="2" />
<envmap faces="6" size="256" forceBilinear="true" />
<water update="true" detail="1" />
<mirrors enabled="true" forceBilinear="true" width="512" height="128" car_maxlod="3" car_culldist="200.0" />
<skidmarks enabled="false" />
<dynamic_ambient_occ enabled="true" />
<track_reflections enabled="true" />
<physics environmentalDamage="true" vehicleDamage="true" />
<motion enabled="true" ip="dbox" port="20777" delay="1" extradata="0" />
</hardware_settings_config>

I dont think that is the hardware settings xml I am thinking of. Im not at home so cannot check, but im 99% sure it wasnt in the main F1 install folder, mine was in My Documents>Documents>Games>F1 2010 or something like that. Basically its the place your PC keeps your local game profile and save game date.

Im on Win7, but have a look around where your save game stuff is.

yeah see what it says for <directx forcedx9="..?.." in hardware_settings_config.xml

if its false then change it to true.

are all your drivers up to date? graphics cards, mobo etc?

incidently have you sent the error report to microsoft?

Was an exceptionally long shot - sorry. Im truely stumped. You have a disk version? Can you change it where you bought it? Try mounting it on a virtual drive rather than using the disk? I have a steam install so not familiar with your install.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back