1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 cockpit build suggestions..

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Michael Sandee, Apr 24, 2013.

1. After years of struggling with a pad and a wheel mounted on a desk, I finally decided to make my own F1 cockpit.
    I have a few ideas on how to start but I would like to know if there is anybody here who has done something like this before ? My main goal is to make a cockpit that starts from where the fish-bones go into the nose down to the air-intake. I might make the side-pods as well but I will make up my mind when it gets to that point.
    Any input is appreciated and some suggestions on what kind of a wheel I should use.

This is what I have in mind, the specs are from 2009.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as there are updates of course.
  2. Bodnar wheel, with a proper F1 rim on it, definitely.
    A set of proper pedals, either a real set or a purpose built simracing set, like this one:

For any serious input, budget would be good info to have ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think it's gonna depend on the wheel and pedals cause the materials for the build can be kept fairly cheap. But I would say between a 1000 to a 1500 dollar.
  4. Hmm, with 'limited' budget maybe a T500 with the F1 rim might be an option :)
  5. @ Roadster-2 and PahaMaku Thanks for the sites they will come in handy.

@ William I looked at the Bodnar wheel but they are a bit too much it has to stay within the acceptable factor. So I might go with a T500 and the F1 rim but I am going to build it into the cockpit so you won't see the plastic cover.
    Or maybe one of the members has something for sale ?
  6. I've got a T500 with a modded F1 rim for sale :)

7. @Anthony Levene

No mate can't do your 660 little sterling equals my big 992 dollars it's a bit too much.
    I would do it cause I really like what modmate's did if I had the money, I just don't like it that they put on a my little pony on the wheel. Maybe I can mod it myself we will see.
    • Like Like x 1