rF2 F1 @ China (Shanghai) - Sunday 19th April 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
knew i was not going to be troubling the front row here, and managed to quali plum last. hey ho - the only way was up! i knew i could be consistant and pull the car thru the grid, plus the envitable accidents would help me gain the odd postion or two.

so off we set - couldn't see lights from where i sat - thought there was a duplicate above us part was down and while i sat watching that the grid pulled away. oops! they are just scenary! :D

picked my way past a few cars in the first couple of lap incidents. picked up james behind me on a couple, could see he was faster so despite trying to hold him up a bit and race for position decided to let him past before we both ended up back in the garage due to my slower speeds.

any way... fast forward to lap 17 - knocked in some good laps (for me anyway) and set about pitting. had 6th place in view and could see 8th place was a heathly pitstop behind me. pitted. 8seconds, pulled out - at end of pit ben went past (as expected) but my car marker was still showing in my grid box. go past the sector 1 board and my marker catches up with me... 11th!!! last man running, 1 lap down and nearly 2 on 9th and 10th place. slightly miffed i might say race ruined...

decided to poodle on though as love the cars (even if struggling at this circuit) and hoped for other good fortune with drivers collecting each other. did get 1 bonus place when Dan had to pit. i saw him go to pits - i passed him - he still showed 7th, me 10th, then half way around the lap i get 9th place and Dans 1 lap down on me.

both of us had pits beyond the start finish line, which may account for the issue. just glad to bring the car home, even though it did show me 2 laps down, i know it was only 1 :)

Gee, I love these races in the F1 support series! :party2:

This time I had practiced too little and wasn't really feeling comfortable with the track at any point, I think. But it doesn't matter at all. Because the events are pure joy and great action and after each race I'm just smiling. :rotfl:

People have said it before me but I'll state it as well. This is a great bunch of guys to race with.

Thanks Ramon and thanks RD!

And on a side note I Q:16th and finished 8th. -The workshop "scoring for Nico" has done it again! :p

Worst Race Ever :quiet: !!! :bulgy-eyes:

Everything went wrong...

Race was already over in T2. Was on the outside into T1 and lost 2 positions. against Ramon and James. Then James in T2 had weelspin and I close behind him had to lift throttle to ovoid him. So Oliver behind me had no chance to react and bumped me me. I spun and was in the middle of the track in wrong direction... OUTSCH :giggle: got sevral hits and car was totaly wrecked. No chance to do anything to avoid this from all drivers. Totaly racing incident.
Car was damaged badly, but all 4 weels was on it hahaha.
Weel was askew on straigts. Suspensions damaged on front right and on the back right. Rescued me into the pits try to repair... put to much fuel 150l full tank omg and hard tyres. hoping to finish without any more stop. Came out but car still feels very strange with the weel askew on straigts omg Realy a challenge driving with that damage hahahha. Times was miles away from normal pace 1:43 omg. Tryed to push but then lost it and crashed with Mark. sorry. then next pitstop to get a new front wing. Last place car damaged :woop: Then a little fight with Dan Coldrick but lost my car again into T1 endet in gravel. Back again pushed tryed to finish this but lost it again with that damaged suspension on front and back and endet in wall 8 laps to go. At this time it was over... lol

hope better luck next race :)

Sorry Daniel the wheelspin caught me off guard and Helge scared the hell outta me lol :D

Once again a great race.

Quali: 8th Had a fairly good quali and popped it on the grid just in front of my Spyker team James Yates by .018. GO spyker :rotfl:

Race: 5th

Ok start, but James an Mark Birney had a better one and took me going round T1, then there was chaos, crikey, I made it through unscathed and ended the lap in P6?. Had a few laps to settle the nerves then span it and sat and watched 3 places go by before I could join, then 2 laps later in nearly the same place done it again, doh! Pitted early on lap 11 and then managed to keep it on the island to the end where I came under some real pressure from Roy Stevens :good: Held on to the end with 0.3Lts fuel left :dance2:

Good to score points for Sutil an Spyker :victory: Shame I'll miss the next few races as they clash with the RDMCC on a Sunday, so see you all when I see ya.

Thanks to Ramon an the great racers at RD we have at these events

Here's a few pics from quali/practice and the race

190409-China5.jpg

190409-China4.jpg

190409-China.jpg

190409-Chinastart.jpg

ben-am-ramon.jpg

crash.jpg

GRAB_022.jpg

red-bull-an-ferrari.jpg

• Kyle Evers

Very nice Ben :D! Now I am kicking myself for not being able to be there - could have got even more contructors points for Honda with you.

Looking at the stats from Hansi, I find that for the first time in my RD career one of my stats elements is highlighted. Most overtakes! I thought i was too defensive.. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back