rF2 F1 @ China (Shanghai) - Sunday 19th April 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was running steady at P2 and once again power shutdown.
After examine the temps I know why. CPU was at 129C after the re-powerup.

For some reason the fans seems out of control.

Bad luck tonight.

Practice - 6th:
Getting the balance bit by bit, but I didn't have the outright pace in the setup.

Qualifying - 12th:
With race fuel, I was nowhere near the front. I was down to the race and the inevitable flood of DNFs (which did happen in very few laps).

Then my internet went, and luckily, I cam back in during the warmup, just as the timer hit 0:00... Phew!

Race - DNF:
Had a good start, took about 7 or 8 cars by the end of the first corner, but then a Red Bull spun in front and I couldn't see through the smoke, and I hit him. I believe it was Daniel Plaikner.I had to pit for a front wing, and my only hope was to count it as my stop, and just brim it with fuel and get new tyres. Unfortunately, after using Race07 for so long, I forgot that the fuel reading in rFactor is how much fuel you want in the car, whereas Race07 is how much you want added.

So, my car was understeering from body damage, and was demoralised, so a lapse of concentration caused me to spin and the car stalled. Real shame, I could've been fighting in the top 8, in the points, but racuing incidents (and there were many :p) said no. This may be my last F1 race for a while, as many of the other races are on league weekends. So... See ya when I see ya!

Funny, in the replay, I do 2 full laps with no front wing, and just heading into the pit straight, the car flies over the hill :D

@Ramon: How did the CPU get to 129 degrees!? Ouch...

Very strange Race, was fighting for 3/4th then pitted and came out last. Something not right with this track, there was no way my pitstop would have put me in last place.....

I think Keith Peppiatt had a similar problem.

I was 3laps down at the end and I don't even remember being lapped by Ben once.

Was great fun tho!

Cheers Ramon and the F1 crew!

Qually 6th and had a good start was 2nd after some laps. Had a pitstop but had some dammage that cost me 18 sec and the 2nd place to James. After that a great fight with Ingemar for 3rd place...great racing there m8 :)
Finished 3rd so im happy . Thx till next time.

Qually 6th and had a good start was 2nd after some laps. Had a pitstop but had some dammage that cost me 18 sec and the 2nd place to James. After that a great fight with Ingemar for 3rd place...great racing there m8 :)
Finished 3rd so im happy . Thx till next time.

You had pitstop for 18 seconds and i had 21 seconds and i still leaped frog'd you to 2nd? :S?

Worst Race Ever :quiet: !!! :bulgy-eyes:

Everything went wrong...

Race was already over in T2. Was on the outside into T1 and lost 2 positions. against Ramon and James. Then James in T2 had weelspin and I close behind him had to lift throttle to ovoid him. So Oliver behind me had no chance to react and bumped me me. I spun and was in the middle of the track in wrong direction... OUTSCH :giggle: got sevral hits and car was totaly wrecked. No chance to do anything to avoid this from all drivers. Totaly racing incident.
Car was damaged badly, but all 4 weels was on it hahaha.
Weel was askew on straigts. Suspensions damaged on front right and on the back right. Rescued me into the pits try to repair... put to much fuel 150l full tank omg and hard tyres. hoping to finish without any more stop. Came out but car still feels very strange with the weel askew on straigts omg Realy a challenge driving with that damage hahahha. Times was miles away from normal pace 1:43 omg. Tryed to push but then lost it and crashed with Mark. sorry. then next pitstop to get a new front wing. Last place car damaged :woop: Then a little fight with Dan Coldrick but lost my car again into T1 endet in gravel. Back again pushed tryed to finish this but lost it again with that damaged suspension on front and back and endet in wall 8 laps to go. At this time it was over... lol

hope better luck next race :)

Missed most of practice due to rfactor hickups. I understand others had some problems to. Must have been one of those days..

Made qualify and ended up 15th on the grid. Not a great quali really. Finnished 7th and took the first 2 points for Super Aguri this season. Not too bad :)

Apologies to James who i almost rammed off the track as he passed me on the long straight. I showed some bad judgement there James. Glad i missed! :)

Thanks RD and all drivers for yet another fun race night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back