F1: Cars More Easily Distinguished and Better Looking at the Same Time?

Horrible idea. I like it as it now. Making the Ferrari to look like Kimi's or Sebastian's helmet would be a sacrilege in my eyes. Ferrari should be red, period.

As much as I like the designs I can't see it happening. There are still enough things that make it doable to distinguish two teammates, even though I have to say that having the rear wing end plates in the driver's national flag would help massively.

If you're keen enough to know the names of every driver, you'll know his team. At that point, you just look at the T-Cam. Black is Driver 1, Green is Driver 2. The only thing I wish would happen is to have the green color somewhere visible for the POV camera when shown on TV.

As much as I like the designs I can't see it happening. There are still enough things that make it doable to distinguish two teammates, even though I have to say that having the rear wing end plates in the driver's national flag would help massively.

Like Rossi did at the 2015 US Grand Prix?

RossiUSGP8.jpg

No idea if the guys complaining about the Ferrari livery have noticed but this year's car has an awful lot of non-red bits already. ;)

ferrari-sf16-h-wallpaper-hd-42468.jpg

Yes based on the Nikki Lauda Ferrari, whats your point, its still red and is a nice historical touch.
Its a rubbish idea!!!!!
The driver has his helmet design for his own personal touch, making the car the same as his helmet is daft beyond daft. The team Ferrari for example is WAY WAY WAY bigger than any driver EVER. End of. I know most F1 fans have no clue and believe that the driver is what puts the car on pole etc but the team and its designers / engineers are the stars, why allow the drivers to take even more of the lime light away from them...

We are talking about, and this thread is about, modern F1 cars. And modern Ferrari F1 car is mainly red. Changing it to something else would be a sacriledge in my eyes.

Now you just have to deal with it because I've had enough with you.

Classic Ferrari was always red though, but they changed to blue for two races. They've done it before, why is it now sacrilege to do it again in the modern era? You sound like the kind of fan who would stop watching F1 altogether if Ferrari changed colour :D

Don't know/care about those liveries in real life one little teeny tiny bit since they are never gonna happen realistically... but hot damn those beauties are gonna look so good for league purposes. Off to work I go to replicate that K Mag and Verstappen liveries for the SF15 T. :p

This is an excuse to repaint F1 cars, but it does not make much sense.

Seriously the helmets are quite visible and you can tell who's driving which car at a glance.

The problem today is the extreme aerodynamics that make the cars very equal. But the good old 60th and 70th don't come back and its better so, remember the killed drivers. So the attempt is good to find a better optical differenciation for the cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back