1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 @ British GP - Tuesday June 15th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jun 10, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-F1

Class: 2007 Formula 1 League Edition
    British GP
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. In case you haven't noticed, I have been trying to mix things up a bit and trying some different mods, which haven't gotten so much attention in the ARC just yet. This time I have something special for you all. The excellent 2007 Formula 1 cars by Mak-Corp on the legendary British Gran Prix circuit of Silverstone. This is a very fast track with several blind corners. Get ready to strap in for one hell of a ride!

Don't let there lap times scare you. During the short testing session tonight I was a couple of seconds slower than the slowest driver in the vid. :)
  3. Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
    2. Glenn Peterson
    3. William Nowell
    4. Lazlo Acera
    5. Sam Ventura
    6. Don Davis
    7. Eric Dennis
    8. Claudio Caferri
    9. Eric Kaczmarek
    10. Yves Larose
    11. Rafael Barbosa
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. Dave Stephenson (maybe)
    19. Will Marquez (maybe)
    20. Eric Estes (maybe)
  4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

5. Interesting - Please put me down as a maybe until I play with the mod a little.
  6. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Me please!
  7. This could potentially end in two DNFs for me but I can not resist, please sign me up.:f1:
  8. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Holy "Hang on to your jockstrap, Batman!". Just did a few laps and what a trip! This is going to be fun.
    A request though: Any F1 'experts' that can share some setups? These haven't been offered up yet in the ARC side, yet. Any assistance to help us mortals handle these cars easier may increase participation. Just a thought.
  9. Don't worry Glenn, I think we are all in the same boat here in terms of experience with these monsters.
  10. I'll post up my setups from the FPWS that we had here a few weeks ago later today. :)
  11. Thanks Will! :)
  12. Here is the quali and race setup that I ran with in the FPWS.

Quali - 1.15.4 / SS / 20L
    Race - 1.18.1 / meds / 80L

Attached Files:

13. Thanks for the setups Will. As it stands, I am just under 5 seconds slower than you, using your quali setup. lol :cool:
  14. Just did a few laps with the mod and I think I am love.:D
  15. Glad you like it William. Really hope we get a decent sized grid together for this. Simply amazing cars to drive! :cool:
  16. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

It's my favorite track layout, too. I could see some GT or Touring car action here also.
  17. Yes, I think this track would be well suited to some GT action.

On another note, make sure you do not practice in Time Attack mode. For some reason grip levels are much much lower in time attack with this mod. Just for an example I am 20 seconds slower in time attack than regular practice using Will's quali setup.
  18. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I never use time attack. To me it seems a waste. But, of course, I'm not the fastest out there.
  19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

ASlso be warned that this track has a very high grip level, it is boosted in the tracks files to above the normal 1.0 level that most tracks use. You will have much less grip when you take these cars elsewhere.
  20. Put me down and of course I have my meeting until 9pm so I will be running a little late. Maybe next month or in a few weeks you guys should run this at Monaco, now that will be fun and very hard.