1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 boss bids to buy Nurburgring circuit

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Tony Holder, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Bernie has put in a bid to buy Nurburgring....in an effort to keep F1 in Germany.

Interesting.....don't cha finks?!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

All good, but then the full track should be used, not just the GP version. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Great thing even someone notices we need N├╝rnburing for every racing. It's great a ring with long history.

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Current F1 cars couldn't race there, it's too bumpy - let alone all the ups and downs.

5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Do I care? No. :D Complete overhaul of the F1 is what i want to see. Unlimited power, unlimited downforce, restricted width, height and lenght, AWD system if desired. Budget limited for all teams equally. That should trest the ingenuity of the teams! And Ring becomes the pinnacle, not Monaco. :p

6. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

So you want a 3-team championship then?
    Only Ferrari, Merc and Red Bull would go for that. With Red Bull dropping out after 2 years if they didn't win both.

7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

How would a fixed budget for car R&D separate the field?

Also, @Tom Endres , I am fully aware that the Ring isn't even up to F1 standards let alone engineered to be F1 friendly, but F1 is so unteresting that I don't really bother. :D

Or insted of my dreaming about budgets and whatnot they could simply implement success ballast.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

Because the 3 top teams wouldn't need to include 'unlimited power engines' in their set budget as they're factory teams.
    Everyone else would be made to pay for these engines by the factory teams, eating massively into their budget.

11. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

A-ha. Didn't think of that. Then again, rules could be changed so that engine R&D and pricing is included for everybody. Everything can be done.

12. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

So the German GP will now be a night race, with sprinkler systems and double points? ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Snow race, ran in the Nordschleife, cars must only use reverse, and mirrors are removed.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Now THAT, would be amazing!

15. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

Doesn't matter. Bernie's bid wasn't successful.