F1 boss bids to buy Nurburgring circuit

Current F1 cars couldn't race there, it's too bumpy - let alone all the ups and downs.

Do I care? No. :D Complete overhaul of the F1 is what i want to see. Unlimited power, unlimited downforce, restricted width, height and lenght, AWD system if desired. Budget limited for all teams equally. That should trest the ingenuity of the teams! And Ring becomes the pinnacle, not Monaco. :p

So you want a 3-team championship then?
Only Ferrari, Merc and Red Bull would go for that. With Red Bull dropping out after 2 years if they didn't win both.

Do I care? No.
Wh9jL.gif

So you want a 3-team championship then?
Only Ferrari, Merc and Red Bull would go for that. With Red Bull dropping out after 2 years if they didn't win both.

How would a fixed budget for car R&D separate the field?

Also, @Tom Endres , I am fully aware that the Ring isn't even up to F1 standards let alone engineered to be F1 friendly, but F1 is so unteresting that I don't really bother. :D

Or insted of my dreaming about budgets and whatnot they could simply implement success ballast.

Last edited:
Because the 3 top teams wouldn't need to include 'unlimited power engines' in their set budget as they're factory teams.
Everyone else would be made to pay for these engines by the factory teams, eating massively into their budget.

A-ha. Didn't think of that. Then again, rules could be changed so that engine R&D and pricing is included for everybody. Everything can be done.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 138 13.8%