rF2 F1 @ Bahrain - Sunday 26 April 2009

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Kyle Evers

Wrong password is what was his problem.

Well. I'm out of the race. Managed to crash during formation lap because I was trying to warm up my tires when we got to the really bumpy spot at the end and hit the wall and lost my front wing and made my front wheels crooked. I figured okay I just race like that. I was fine until L13. That was when an exact repeat of Malaysia happened. The rumble strip was high and for some reason I cut the corner too much or something and there I was again sitting on top of the rumble strip like a see-saw. Barely applied any gas to get out yet still managed to burn my engine.

Not much of a chance of getting anywhere anyway. The first lap in the pits was a 45 second delay getting my front wing fixed and my crooked tires brought down my lap times by at least 1-3 seconds.

Maaaaan!! I had third place in the bag and I'm sure second coulda been on the cards! Entering the pits I realize that my fuel calculations are out and as I'm fiddling to correct that, I PASS my own pit box!? I stomp on the brakes hoping I can reverse AND........ DQ!!!!?
I'm gonna regret that mistake for some time guys..... Have a good one!! CYA

Wow, I just won the race. :skywalker:

Practice was good, although Daniel was faster. In qualify I was on a very good lap and thought I just had Pole till Daniel was faster. I was on another fast lap too but spun the car. Could not get the time further down from that.
Settled with P2.

Race started fantastic, just at the right moment I released my Launch button and applied a bit of Kers. Daniel was I think 0.2 sec slower with reaction to green light and therefor I could sneak through and was P1 after T1.

Daniel and Rob gave each other a good fight over the next couple of laps which gave me a comfortable 3-4 seconds lead.

Rob was into the pits around halfway and I could gain another 5-6 seconds from that while staying outside. Then Daniel went in, another 2-3 second won by staying out.
My turn, I practiced the pit-entrance and did not loose much time. Short pitstop for 8.3 seconds and was leading by 10 seconds while exiting the pitlane.
Could make the gap a bit bigger by driving consistent laps and was around 12-13 seconds until Rob was flying and took fastest lap :)
I might have stolen the lap back later, but don't know for sure.
Slowed down in the last lap, while I had 14 seconds lead or so.

Enough for the race win. Honda stays high in our virtual rankings :)
Thanks for the racing, see you hopefully in future F1 races.

Updated

Driver Standings

1. Barrichello 30 pts
  2. Kubica 21pts
  3. Webber 17pts
  4. Sutil 14pts
  5. Button 11pts
  6. Wurz 11pts
  7. Sato 8pts
  8. Hamilton 8 pts
  9. Schumacher 6pts
  10. Vettel 6pts
  11. Heidfeld 6pts
  12. Kovalainen 5pts
  13. Massa 3pts
  14. Rosberg 3pts
  15. Trulli 2pts
  16. Davidson 2pts
  17. Alonso 2pts
  18. Liuzzi 1pt
  19. Coulthard 1pt
Manufacturers Standings

1. Honda 41pts
  2. BMW 27pts
  3. Red Bull 18pts
  4. Spyker 14pts
  5. Williams 13pts
  6. Super Aguri 10pts
  7. McLaren 10pts
  8. Toyota 8pts
  9. Torro Rosso 7pts
  10. Renault 5pts
  11. Ferrari 3pts

eventful race :)

launched off the line well taking 2 places, but cautious into t1 due to a very wobbly ivor on his cold tyres. t4 was right on ivors tail when he wobbled, i lifted so as to not hit but gareth was right on my backside and not even superman could have reacted to the decelartion he had to and he collected me. shame damage took off my rear wing (as well as lighting the damage indicator up like a christmas tree!) slow lap in +54 pit stop put me at the back. only Gareth and i now on the same lap.

took the decision to fuel and hope. with 6 to go with no sign of any other car on the same lap i just thought about having fun and pushed the car as hard as i could on the rappidly disintegrating tyres. noticed i was closing in on 7th and coming down to last corner yellow flags went out as Helge went too deep. drag to the line but my extra traction out of last corner was the difference. yay! i over took someone! :)

"trulli" amazing race. gr from all despite a reduced field.

btw ben... honda next time for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years